1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bay area ladies meet here

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by Shal, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Sandhya230

Sandhya230 Guest

Re: Indians in Bayarea. Introduce urself.

hey gals! happy new year! sound sliek a lot of us are trying to make new friends. You girls wanna meet up sometime??

2. Jehana

Jehana New IL'ite

hi

Saw your mail, so what are you doing now? Are you working?I'm at home, been married for a year now, would love to have friends to hang out with.

3. Jehana

Jehana New IL'ite

hi i'm from sunnyvale, been inthe bay area for 1 and a half years still quite bored would love to know more people. I'm married with no kids.

4. Sandhya230

Sandhya230 Guest

hey jehana, ive been married a year as well..gosh and im so bored already hehe. so u can private message me if u would like to meet up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
  5. dtmg08

dtmg08 New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

We all r sailing in the same boat getting bored n trying to make friends, v shld should try to keep in touch and get to know each other as one gets very very lonely without friends.

I also got married few mths back n moved with my husband here,not working getting bored at home.

Would love to know u all.

Tc

6. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I live very close to sunnyvale (CA) downtown. I am thriving for good friends. I would love to join this friends group.
    Thanks
    Wish u all a Happy New year

7. anvika1980

anvika1980 New IL'ite

making friends in US

Hi All,
    i have been in the US(CA) since a year now.unfortunately and to my dismay,i havent been able to find any indian female who is willing enough to make friends with a new person.they prefer sticking to their own old group.wot else i have noticed here is that there is so much of regionality here in the bay area,though its full of indians.people want to make friends with onl those who speak their language and dont want to mingle with people belonging to a different region in india.i think people should understand the fact that v rnt in our own country and one needs friends arnd here in a new country....then y try to find friends speaking ur language?english could b a common language to communicate too.and its so good to know abt other cultures if u try making friends with ppl from dirfferent culture than urs.i am a north indian and inspite of my initiating conversations with ladies here,i never got a warm welcome and was never approached 4 further communication.i dont know how to manage this loneliness here....being away from family and also not being able to make a few good pals here.
    thnx,
    anvika.

8. minu

minu New IL'ite

Re: making friends in US

Hi Anvika,
    I fully agree on this issue with you.Here in Bay area it is like that as people have a choice to make due to its large Indian inhabitants.I have been residing here for almost a year & half but still have very few friends to count on.I am also from North and have almost same experince here.
    We can be friends.
    Cheers,
    Minu

9. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anvika,

I too agree with you 100%.

Well I live here for almost 9 yrs and hardly any close friend. I realize that u live in Sunnyvale too. I too live in SV and if you are serious about making friends, You can let me know, as it is easy for us to meet sometime and chat for a bit to get to know each other. I recently made a good friend thro' IL and she too lives in SV and we do visit each other atleast once a week and spend time over a cup of coffee/Tea talking about various topics. Proximity is an important factor to develop friendship as many don't drive or have just one car, so meeting often is difficult.
    By the way, I am a South Indian, not biased at all in any way and I am of the same opinion that meeting people from different culture is always enjoyable to develop awareness.
    Another issue I notice in Bay area is that lack of effort to talk, meet and spend time with friends though many are homemakers with or without kids. Life is totally boring here and with little effort, we can make our life much better thro' regular meetings, walks and gettogethers, without involving our dear husbands as they are all mostly workholics.

Good to know another Sunnyvelan who feels the same way I do.

Will meet soon, I live near Wolfe India Bazaar (Old Sanfrancisco Road/Fair Oaks)

GPriya

10. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

Hi Anvika,
    Good to know that u live in sunnyvale. I like to make good friends. Willing to meet if interested.