1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

adhere diet, not starvation

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by mohan26, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mohan26

mohan26 New IL'ite

hallo every one,
    this is my first post. i am very much intersted in diet and nutrition and i have finished a online course provided by ISSA.

My humble advise to all is to follow strict diet but never starve for any reason as most of us do not understand the difference between them. most of us thought that eating less or skipping a meal is "Dieting" but Dieting means eating a nutritionally balanced food that caters our body.

there are many myths about diet.

Myth 1: Fresh juices are the best diet.

fact : No, not at all. fresh juices are better than coffee, tea or other bottled soft drinks but the best is eating fruits instead of juices because you will be deprieved of fiber as we filtered the juices. Further juices may end up in increasing your glycemic level as sugar is added for taste. so it is not advisable for diabetes. Hence fruits with rich fiber are the best.

Myth 2: Low carb food is good for health.

Fact : No. Carbohydrate is a not villain to our health as projected by many people. carbohydrate is an essntial source of energy. hence denying such an important source is not good for health. otherwise it will result in fatigue and tiredness. Further, carbs are necessary for our brain activities. so never adopt "low carbs" meothod for your children.

more to follow......

2. AJOSEPH

AJOSEPH New IL'ite

Hi,

pls give a good diet that can be followed to reduce weight.

Rgds/ANcy

3. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Mohan,
    You are so right. Dieting should not be about starvation but about eating healthy foods in moderation. Carbs, salt, fats are all needed for a body. But we should choose healthy ways of obtaining those needs.
    Please keep posting.

4. mohan26

mohan26 New IL'ite

sorry madam,
    i cannot prescribe any diet with out knowing your body type (endomorph,ectomorph or mesomaorph), working nature and physical activities.

Further, giving a common diet to everyone is like giving a readymade dress. It may fit or may not fit to the receiver. thats why most of the diet charts that published by nutritionts in mags and journals does not work. So it is better to visit and consult a dietician and it would help you to choose the right diet suitable for you.

thank you

5. mohan26

mohan26 New IL'ite

continued...

Myth 3 : Eating as much protein as possible is good for health.

Fact : Eating protein is good for health as it maintains, repairs and build muscle tissues. but eating too much of protein is not advisable because our digestive system cannot consume more than 15 to 20 grams of protein at a time. Balance proteins will not be consumed by our body. So it is better to divide our diet in to four or five meals as our body can absorb all the protein.

to be continued ...

6. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

I would like to add more on this.
    Myth 1: Fresh juices are the best diet.
    As Mohan said fruits are better alternatives for fruits.
    Because If u eat one orange you feel filling,, where as if u need 1 glass of orange you need 2 or more oranges.So you end up eating more.

Myth 2: Low carb food is good for health.
    I would like to add more on this.

If you eat food with less carbohydrate the first part of body which will be affected is our brain, because like another part of body brain cant use stored energy, so if u reduce carbs, immediate effect will be lack of concentration and all others will follow.....

7. mohan26

mohan26 New IL'ite

thank you for your reply

8. mohan26

mohan26 New IL'ite

thank you for your reply