Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Purnima !

Dear Purnima,
    Thankyou for the feedback on Mysore masal dosai. That recipe was shared with me by a friend who lives in Bangalore.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

2. Sakhi

Sakhi New IL'ite

thank you

Dear Mrs Chithramadam,

Thank you for recipe of gonkure chutney and garlic kozhambu. i thought u had forgotten abt my request for garlic kozhambu. I must remember that you never forget us. That is a nice feeling.

I have tried MM dosai, adai, elai adai, dal dhokli and most rasams. Sometimes I forget to send the feedback. Since all recipes are perfect and the dish turns out perfect, there is never any anxiety in trying a new dish.

Another request please- can you post some Gujarathi recipes like dhokla, khandvi, handvo etc? I live among many Gujarathi neighbours, but never get recipes.

Thanking you
    sincerely
    Satya

3. Chitvish

Hello Sakhi !

Dear Sakhi,
    Thanks for the feedback. If the recipes you ask for, is already documented by me, I post it immediately. Some, I want to try once again & post - then it takes time.
    Living among Gujarathis, you should post G. recipes !! Anyway I shall post in due course.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

feedback

Dear Mrs Chithra,

Thank you for the recipe of gongura chutney. I made garlic milkau kozhambu tonight and it came out very well, also made Navaratna paruppusili to go with it. Thanks for all these recipes.

Am making upto eight of your recipes over the next three days. Have already made some apple chutney and cocktail samosas.

Looking forward to getting yr microwave recipe of paalpongal.

thanking you
    best regards
    Vidya

5. Chitvish

Hello Vidya !

Dear Vidya,
    Thanks for the feedback. Pal pongal is already in Tarla Dalal's site under the "stylish name" (!) of kesar pudding. Anyway I shall post it here today. Making it in MW is hassel-free ! Hope you will like it.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

6. Rushna nigar

Rushna nigar New IL'ite

Gajak Recipe

Dear Chitvish ji,
    Thanks for the response & gajak recipe i have tried ur recipe it is a good recipe u can add it to sweets but this is not the original gajak i have mentioned
    before it is white soft crumbles while eating means its recipe is quite different i think we cannot make it at home only experts can make at shops.

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Make often!

Dear Chithra,
    I make akki rotis often -so if you don't mind can I just mention some other ingredients which could be added to the dough? You can chop methi leaves (fenugreek) or sapsige sappu (dill) finely; or grated carrot or radish; in averakalu season, you can boil and add this too.
    Sharada

8. Chitvish

Hello Sharada!

Dear Sharada,
    You are welcome to add your tips. What is sapsige sappu? You know the tamil name?
    I don't get the tamil word for dill !
    Avarakalu means mochai or is it something else ?
    After the photo comes, tell me if it is Ok - certificate of akki roti from a Kannadiga friend will mean a lot to me !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Tasty tiffins, tastier snacks

Dear Chitvish,

is it okay to spread the akki roti on a banana leaf? Will the taste be the same?
    Being from Tvm, you must be familiar with Thalaga kuzhambu, side dish for Pongal. Post that also, that can be a different side this time. I like it very much and laways make it whenever I make Pongal at home (my son's favourite).
    varloo

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  10. Chitvish

Hello Varloo!

Dear Varloo, Sure you can do that.
    It is because banana leaf may not be always available, I suggested a cloth.
    In fact in Karnataka, I am told, they pat it in the tava directly, keeping 2 alternate tavas.
    I did'nt want any youngster who tries it, to get her hands burnt ! So, this time, I did'nt mention it. But I mentioned about it in rice roti, I think.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.