Virtual Feast - Comments

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Nandshyam, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear friends

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words for the thayir vadai photo...Your comments encourage me to try more...

Today i am posting the snap of Kaima idly (Chitvish recipe)..

lov
    sowmi

2. sowminivibu

Dear Vaidehi

Your tomato soup looks yummy yummy...

lov
    sowmi

3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear sowmi,
    Kaima Idly looks so colourful & tempting to eat.......

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Amy,

Welcome here and such a grand entry. I actually saw the pizza in Chithramma's thread and left speechless. You have tempted me to try out the pizza. I even have fresh yeast at home. First it was Jithiks and now you too:bowdown

Usha dear,

oh the rawa idlis are amazing. the muffins are perfect too but being a southie foodie i'll vote for idlis:hide:. Did you use fruit salt or soda?

Gowri,

Ever-green combo.. bisibelabath with curds and papad. DH likes his bb bath with spicy urulai curry but i really don't know how that combo works... anyway this treat is for me so i'll grab it:)

Latha

5. chituapr

chituapr New IL'ite

Hi...

your pizza made my mouth water... good one...

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Vaidehi,

i repeat Chithramma's FB... super combination of cutlery with soup. I can even smell the soup here. Oh now i really miss the fruit salad with ice-cream... have to wait for 6 more months for the weather to get ice-cream friendly.

Sowmi,

Kalakitte po! Vegetables with julienne shredder? Romba colourful-a irukku. let my idli maavu ferment until then i'll share from your plate.

Latha

7. sowminivibu

Latha dearie

While you share my KI, i will share your Tarts....You are too good at baking and i love all your goodies..Julienne shredder innum vangalai..Waiting to find one in Chennai...Ennoda hand dhaan cut panithu with knife...:)...But called in for lots of patience and thanks to two of my kutties who were sleeping nanna...

lov
    sowmi

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Vaidehi
    Your soup mix is so innovative.. I admire your enterprising nature.. and the fruit salad is just melting..
    oru kalluku kalakeeta :hiya

Sowmi
    You kaima idli looks super:bowdownsuper:bowdown
    the veggies add more colorful look..simply super!

Traveller
    The nendram vazhaikai is available in all grocery stores here for me.. i use it for avial and other items too. When ripe it will look exactly like our nendram plantain
    hope this helps.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oviya,

Here is the recipe for the philo pastry cup filling. Sorry for this delay. I see that this thread is bustling with enthusiastic and yummy action! And I come with a long lost recipe!:hide:

Basically, it is the same as the filling for the stuffed tomatoes. When we avoid using egg, there is very little variation we can bring to such fillings. Here it goes:

In some olive oil, fry 1/4 spn cummin seeds and add a finely chopped med sized onion and fry till the onions are transparent. Add the chopped broccoli florets to this with salt and a pinch of chili powder and cook till the broccoli is soft and well done. Cool. Now mash or mince this vegetable mix (will be about 1 and 3/4 cups) along with a tbspn of coriander leaves, one finely chopped small tomato, 2 tbspns of ricotta cheese, 2-3 tbspns of shredded sharp cheddar and one tbspn of chilli sauce. I use an immersion blender for this, you can also use a fork. Your filling is now ready to use !
    Fill them into the pastry forms and bake in a hot oven (400F) for about 10mins.
    Enjoy!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini,

Thank you for the three detailed recipes and also for giving all the brands of the ingredients used. Most of the time, we get frustrated because one or the other thing is not available in the stores here. I still have a doubt...Did you make your own urad flour or was that available here too? It was not clear to me.
    I will make thattais soon as it is my favorite snack! We use peanuts and fried chana dhal (pottu kadalai) and even some ground green chillies besides sesame seeds for the thattais or nippatu, as we call it.
    Once again, many thanks for your recipes.

L, Kamla