Serial Bomb Blasts and Firing in Mumbai

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by malspie, Nov 27, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

If the police had not ignored this SMS, do you think Mumbai could have been on HIGH ALERT before the attack?

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dr Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi say that the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeType>land</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName>Mahatma Gandhi</st1:placeName></st1:place> cannot be overpowered by the terrorists. What did the 10 terrorists do on <st1:date Month="11" Day="26" Year="2008">26<SUP>th</SUP> Nov, 2008</st1:date>? Did they come to play chess here?

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

If the Colaba Police had acted fast, the attack on Taj would have never happened? What was the Rapid Action Force meant for?

4. dolorcosta

dolorcosta Senior IL'ite

Dear Malspie

Im not sure if this measure is sufficient to prevent forcible seizure of vessels at sea.

1. M V Kuber was an Indian fishing trawler and was taken over by the terrorists.
    While the Indian flag will assist the Coast Guard to identify Indian vessels, the reverse will also be true- the Indian tricolour will be an easy target for a terrorist specifically seeking an Indian vessel for hijack/attack.

2. It is also relevant to note that no matter which ship they hijack, it will be a matter of few minutes for the hijackers to hoist the Indian flag on board in order to avoid close scrutiny by the Indian Navy/ Coast Guard.

Regards.

5. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Pakistan Already Hiding Kasabs Family.

It seems that the village from which Kasab's family belonged to has been taken over by Pakistan Army and ISI agents in Civilian Clothes. Media and outsiders are not being allowed inside the village. Also Kasab's family has been hidden and some another person is staying in that house saying that it is his house and he has been staying there for the last 10 years. I guess this will be the last we will hear about Kasab's family. I am sure they would have been killed by now and buried in some unidentified land by now. That eliminates the last of the proof.

The Dawn (Pakistani Newspaper) did a Barkha Dutt while carrying the article about Kasab's father. I belive that was his death sentence.

6. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

There is no fool proof method to identify ships without checking them physically. There are thousands of fishing boats near any coast and intruders can sneak in anytime even if we post 10000 ships. The best way is to have an effective response mechanism for these attacks and more important to destroy the source of these terrorists, which in present day is Pakistan. Until we destroy the source which are the terrorist camps which train terrorists, nothing is going to change.

7. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Vsar!

Shocking! When will the International Community open its eyes! I hope Qasab's Family is'nt harmed!

8. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

I have my doubts ANK. Regarding the other proof's that India has collected like Toilet Papers/merchandise, Phones, they can be purchased from anywhere. But this was real life proof and they had to get rid of it quickly. I have my doubts if his family is still alive because they already have got another person to stay in Kasabs House and say that he is staying there for ages.

If you have seen the X Files there have been instances in the US itself where families disappear and some else stays in the house claiming to be there for years and show even magazines subscribed in their names. Something similar to that.

9. positivesolitude

positivesolitude New IL'ite

Mumbai Terror Victim

Hi Ladies

Was wondering if anyone of you got any info about the little baby doll Sheetal Yadav who was discharged from the J.J.Hospital.We have collected some amount and would like to send a cheque directly to the mother.Does anyone know.Its a pity I didnt find even one single thread on the Terror attacks.

Priti

10. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Re: Mumbai Terror Victim

Didn't find one single thread on Terror Attack ????

There are so many threads running in IL in General Discussions [India & IL] after the recent Mumbai carnage.