Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Adai

Hello again Mrs CV,

I tried out the adai recipe and it came out ' as usual' :),thank u very much! I would like to know what side dish goes well with adai, i mean any 'perfect combination'? i had made Onion Thokku as side dish and it went on very well with the adai, any other suggestions would be good.

Regards,
    Purnima, Mangalore

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Purnima!

Dear Purnima,
    Adai & avial make a perfect combination !
    Ofcourse, hot adai, a knob of butter & jaggery is "heaven" !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

feedback

Dear Chitra,

the last time I prepared apple firni, I used toned milk but this time used the full cream milk and the result was just great.
    last time I didn't peel the skin and this time I peeled and grated it neatly and the firni tastes so yum.
    I too like to use small mudkas to serve this but since I didn't have any, I used the mudka shaped plastic ones which originally had flavoured yogurt in it.
    this time I made a perfect firni and thought of you while tasting it. I even covered with a silver foil - all works today!!!!!!

Now for the apple pie, I again used the muffin tray and filled the layer for the crust and kept in the fridge. the filling is also ready; I just have to go ahead and set the oven. thought of doing it after 5.30 so I can serve hot pies when my hubby is back; its one of his favourites. For the filling I added brown sugar and walnuts and bread crumbs along with the usual ingredients with ofcourse a tbsp of lime juice. I'm sure that would also turn out great!!

Any new recipe shall be tried this week itself as I got a basket full of fruits from one of our friend. so pls , pls post apple nut dessert....

Can you give me some recipes with pomegranate, oranges, sapota, yellow bananas ????????????????? With oranges maybe I'll try ur recipe, kamala .... (forgot the name); with sapotas maybe milkshake and with bananas - shall I try pazhanurukku????? pomegrantes I think I'll use it for boondi and pome raita??? anyway, shall plan something... need to go thru ur posts and check out if there are any more fruit recipes..................

Tomorrow might be PINEAPPLE DAY!!! Need to prepare pa rasam.......

Next week I'm sure its gonna be PUMPKIN DAYS as pumpkins in my garden would be ripe and ready by then.

finally, here I go........

thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very much, Chitra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chithra,
    I tried out your recipe for Appam, Vadai curry and came out finger-licking good ! Had never tried this combo before, and we thoroughly whacked it ! I had also tried out Paisparuppu payasam and Lemon jeera rasam --- very very good food I'm cooking nowadays, and enjoying thanks for your postings. Am trying out your bisibela bath tomorrow -- what would be the perfect accompaniment for it ? Should I make bahala bath also ?

I purchased sugarless khoa ( 1/2 kg.) from a sweet stall to make Dumrot Halwa, but sadly didn't get even one small badhai of pumpkin. All shops had only poosanikkai !!! So, how to store the khoa properly -- will it keep for another 2 weeks at least ?
    Bye,
    K K .

5. Rushna nigar

Rushna nigar New IL'ite

query about recipe

Dear chitvish ji,
    Thanks, my mail box is full with ur valueable tips&recipes.Thanks for giving response to my query ,today i m here with a problem recipe i want to know about Gajak, it is quite different from chikli.Chikli is made, in sugar syrup add nuts&cut pieces.I have heard one cannot make gajak at home because its procedure is difficult&can make only shops it is available in different shapes quite soft, white it crumb while eating.Cld i hope my query will be solved& make gajak at home.
    If any of my friend knows recipe pls send.
    Regds,
    Rushna Nigar.

6. Rushna nigar

Rushna nigar New IL'ite

Cookery contest recipes

Tasty urad daal kababs
    Ingredients
    1 cup urad daal soaked& grind
    Raisin 1 tbsp
    Red chilly pwd 1 tbsp
    Tamarind pulp 2 tbsp
    Garam masala pwd 1tsp
    Black pepper pwd 1tsp
    Cumin roasted pwd 1tbsp
    Ginger finely chop mash with knife 1 tbsp
    Green chillies 2 no. finely chop mash with knife
    Salt to taste
    Few coriander leaves chopped
    Rice flour batter 1 cup mix salt cumin pwd& chilly pwd to taste
    Crush corn flakes as reqd

Recipe
    Grind raisin with tamarind pulp, combine grind daal&tamarind pulp, spices
    in a bowl using hands to mix well shape into balls flatten to a round pattie dip in rice flour batter & coat with crush corn flakes. Fry in batches golden brown each side.
    Serve with green chutney or raita.

7. Chitvish

Hello Rushna !

Dear Rushna,
    Long time back I remember to have tried gajjac. I will search for that recipe & if I get it, I shall post it.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Hello Meena !

Dear Meena,
    At your Majesty's service, Madam ! 2 more apple recipes have been posted & I am now left only with apple kheer. If you have still more apples to try, I shall post that also tomorrow !
    Pomegranate, I only use for juice.
    Sapota is only for milkshake.
    Orange, I have posted Kamal kheer & Kamala, my honey. I shall look out if I have any more & post, in case I have.Yellow banana - I make a dosai - i shall post it now !
    You can make banana cake also. Write if you want the recipe.
    express service for you, Madam !
    Regards,
    chithra.

9. Chitvish

Hello KK!

Hello KK,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Sugarless khoa can be frozen for 2-3 months, don't worry. But keep in the freezer.
    You can try potato halwa, carrot halwa, mohanthal etc.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

oh, my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Yr speed is really stunning and looks like soon, you are going to break a record in posting, presenting and for sharing so many dishes..I can keep on going like this, but really any words will not compete with yr talent, taste of the food etc.

Just now looked at the picture of dish that can be prepared on pournami pooja, wow..only if it is for real, will put my hand in the monitor and take the bowl out!!!!! What a good imagination putting fork on the banana, simply great and superb.....

Everyday you are surprising a good feast to our eyes and tummy..

Millions of thanks to you for the same..

Rgds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.