Finest Posts - December 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear all
    I wish to nominate Dhivya Rangarajan's The effects and lateral impact for December.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/42021-the-effects-and-lateral-impact.html

For thousands of us who followed with dismay the gruesome happenings at Mumbai, the senselessness of all those terrorist acts was quite appalling. The question that loomed large in all our minds was "WHY?" Dhivya's psychoanalysis of the terrorists' intent in perpetrating such a crime was, to say the least, a superb effort. It is difficult to fault her on her line of thinking. The reading of her thread made me a lot wiser about this ghastly incident but left me emotionally drained too.
    This thread of Dhivya is a standing testimony to the capabilities of the ILites!
    Sri

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Thanks for nominating Dhivya Rangarajan's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ts-and-lateral-impact.html#post487700...which is more than a wake up call to all of us Indians.
    Like you so aptly remark, true, it left me impressed and drained too..
    Yet, I feel that something positive will come out of this. Those in charge of affairs in our land shouLd, must and I say..Will wake up.
    I always live with hope.

L, KamlA

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

I am so glad that your detailed and authentic posts of the terror-attacks in Mumbai was nominated for the FP, I also wish to add my nomination for this post. The tireless way in which you kept us updated on the latest happenings and findings kept me glued to my laptop, although the TV was blaring away with the anchors doing their best to put together the disjointed bits and pieces. Your account was so thorough and to the point and coherent, one could easily follow the events as they unfolded.

Hats off to you for your painstaking efforts full of anguish that lauded the courage of the fearless commandos,

A BIG STANDING OVATION TO YOU, DEAR MALS

Padma

4. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamla!

My vote is definitely for Malspies thread on Mumbai Blasts, for the phenomenal work that Malspie has done covering the Mumbai Terrorist Attack! Inspite of watching IBN CNN and all other channels non-stop, I still had to visit her thread for the nitty-gritty details. Her painstaking efforts are commendable!

ANK

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Padma,

When efforts get recognized, every soul smiles with joy. As my soul is bleeding for Mumbai and India, at the moment I can only whisper "Thank You".

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ankie,

When we do a job with no rewards or politics in head, God elates it to a higher pedestal.

The puzzle is solved of why you were running helter skelter to know "How to Nominate!".

Your active participation has definitely led the thread throw with some discussions towards progressive India.

Thank you Ankie.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla and SS,
    well, i wanted to open the account of nominating Malspie's thread..but i find so many of them have already done that...:)
    Hence i say ditto to all of them and hereby second their opinion to nominate Malspie's Serial Bomb blasts and firing in Mumbai.

It was a tremendous effort from her to keep us all updated!

Mals - Thankyou so much. We share the same grief with you.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma, ANK and Aishu,

Thank you thank you and thank you for this nomination!
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...ial-bomb-blasts-firing-mumbai.html#post484289 is a thread that seemed to have at once caught both our attention and heart. Malspie has indeed done a great service to her ILites and has taken great pains to keep every concerned Indian spread all over the globe informed.
    Also, I feel proud to belong to such an elite group of people here who at once recognize one's selfless hardwork and at once acknowledge them.
    Hats off to you too:)

L, Kamla

9. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

I am nominating Malspie's thread on Mumbai Blasts.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...ial-bomb-blasts-firing-mumbai.html#post484289

The thread not only gives complete detail of the blasts with timely updates, it also shows the dedication of Malspie towards the site.

Malspie proves her abilties of being a writer of any given subject and attracting a large crowd to discuss, admire, adore and nominate her thread.

In a world where efforts are counted in coins and currencies, there is one member who is tirelessly putting her efforts which is reflected in her service towards the members through Astrology thread and now she has climbed few rungs up the ladder with her mammoth effort.

The debates and discussions going in the thread does tell us that Malspie has arrived with one of her finest writings once again.

10. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Dearest Cheeniya sir and Kamla mam,

Thank you.

I had to put down those questions, doubts and possible outcomes of the incident - the whole lot of ripples it created around us.. as a nation.. as a citizen..

Thank you again for nomination and fb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.