Need Suggestions Reg My Career and Personal Life

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sundari77, Nov 25, 2008.

1. sundari77

sundari77 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends

Let me Introduce myself. Iam Sundari. New to Indus Ladies. Iam a software professional worked in .net technologies for almost 8 years and recently swiched to SAP(ABAP, webDynpro). I have totally 9 years of exp.
    Working in a MNC. Married and have a kid 5 years old. My life was really peacefull till my hubby who worked for a MNC in india decided to go to US. He is in US california now and the problem started for me. He is asking me to come there and unfortunately i did not get a H1b this year(denied after an RFC). My consultants have appealed but i dont have a hope. To add more problem i decided to have a second kid. My hubby is asking me to come there in h4. iam totally confused and need ur suggestions. i ahve these following doubts

1. How is the job market now for .net?

2. How is it for SAp (ABA) but i have only a year exp in that.. is it advisable to try a job in that?.

3. My son is now studing UKG.i have to come there for first grade .. what are the good schools in freemont california.. ?.

4. if i come there in h1b(next year) what will happen to by visa if i take maternity break..

5. He is going to apply for Greed card in EB2 Premium processing if so any rough idea how long it will take to get into EAD..

6. Any body in the same boat as iam and what are you doing

i really dont want to leave my job and sit at home after all my hard work to build my carrier..

any inputs with be of great help..

Any body in freemont area...

Regards
    Sundari

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Sundari - you were unable to see your post due to keywords in your post. Those keywords "moderated" your post and hence not visible to all. I have approved your post and you should be able to view from now on. Also, I have deleted a similar (duplicate) thread that you started since you could not view this post.

3. godgift

godgift New IL'ite

Hi,

1. How is the job market now for .net?
    Sorry to say, right now the market condition in US is not well. Lot of people are on bench, but there are still few lucky ones who are getting the jobs.
    2. How is it for SAp (ABA) but i have only a year exp in that.. is it advisable to try a job in that?.
    If you are planning for the second baby and this is the first time for you in US, my suggestion will be to take a break. I am working in US from past 5 years and I know how much of a stress it is if both husband and wife work..You need to enroll your child in a school, make sure that you need to work near the school so that if there is an emergency you can go and pick him up, do all stuff at home (since you dont have maids as u can get in india)

3. My son is now studing UKG.i have to come there for first grade .. what are the good schools in freemont california.. ?.
    I am not from California, so I cant answer it.. Sorry
    4. if i come there in h1b(next year) what will happen to by visa if i take maternity break..
    You will be in H1b if you are planning to take a small break..like maternity
    5. He is going to apply for Greed card in EB2 Premium processing if so any rough idea how long it will take to get into EAD..
    Right now, the queue is long for green card.. It might take atleast 3-4 years to get EAD. In some cases, they process 2 years green cards petition at one time, then the wait might be short.. but still it might take few years to get it.
    6. Any body in the same boat as iam and what are you doing
    I have lot of friends who have taken a break from the career to take care of kids, since its too much for them to handle all the stuff. Even though you have a financial & independent feeling, it might be very stressful and tiring. Taking a break doesnot mean that you will not work for years, it just means that you will not work for some time.. And then you can do some small jobs if you are bored. This is a friendly suggestion, but its you who needs to take the final decisions. All the best!!!

4. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

Hi Sundari

There are good public schools in Fremont .Don't worry about schools.Reagrding your Carreer please take a break .I left a rewarding career and came on H4 and was without work for 5 y ears .Now even after my skills got outdated I managed to get a job after EAD .So every employer will undertand when you say you took a break to take for the family .

MY DH is working on SAP so Let me know when you are in I can see if He can help you as he has lot of contacts in the SAP market .

Job market is dull but SAP but with SAP and .net background it shouldn't be problem to you .

All the Best

5. sundari77

sundari77 Senior IL'ite

Hi all

Happy New Year to You all. I want to share the happy news with you all. I got my h1b approved.Yet to decide when to come there..Since the job market is very dull there.. iam very relucant to come there. Do any of you are in .net space.