1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thanga Vettai

Discussion in 'TV' started by malar, Nov 30, 2005.

1. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Did anybody get to see the ad for thanga vettai in Sun TV? I presume it is a game show and Ramya Krishnan seems to be loaded with thanga(gold) jewelry :shock:. They say there is more details about the show in the tamil magazine kungumam.

I don't get to read it here and also these days most magazines in their e-version have become paid sites. So ladies in Chennai, did anyone get to read it? If yes, please share more details about it.

I real wanna do thanga vettai with gold prices hiking everyday :tongue

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Malar,
    Let me warn you, though I am not a big Tamil TV enthusiast, I still watch my selected programmes. I have SunTV and after all the promotions they had for Thanga Vettai, I did catch a glimpse of it. On the outset, the format is good because it involves the whole family from grandparents to young children and as such, it will make a good family viewing. The programme in itself could have a more polished look, but then, I am spoilt with the more sophisticated presentations of the west. Ramya Krishna has lost all her curves and has put on lots of weight. Even that is excusable because:...her body, her wish!! Maybe she had to keep to a strict diat as an heroine and now she indulges herself and it shows! But what is jarring is she looks extremely weighed down with very very heavy pattu podavais and heavy heavy jewellery and is heavily made up. It looks like an effort even when she has to turn her head. Hope she would concentrate more on the show and less on her dressing!! Afterall, the Thanga Vettai thangam is on the table and should not be on her:))
    If you are Ramya's fan, hope I did not hurt you. Please take it as an honest review!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2005
  3. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanga vettai - game show involving three generations

Hi Malar,

Today I got to see a ad trailer of the game show Thanga Vettai. I got to read it is a game show involving two teams - with three generations from a family forming a team. In fact, that is the condition to participate in the show with the family's three generations.

Kamla,

I agree with you that Ramya Krishnan has put on lots of wieght. But isn't she still charming? Those big jewels on her make her more gorgeous. I feel the costumers - sarees + jewels might be the choice of the sponsors of the program. I'm sure it should be some big merchants sponsoring it, though it's Radaan's production.

Let's wait and see.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Rathi

I watched the last two episodes of this last weekend.I did not find it too great nor was it very interesting.

Also,there are 2 participating teams but they need not necessarily be 3 generations.You need five participants and they can be even your neighbours and friends.That is what RamyaKrishnan said when the propaganda trailers for this program were being aired.Infact last week,actor Prasanna(of 'Kasthurimaan') has got his friend,friend's mother,cousin and mother's friend for participating in the show and actor Srikanth got his PRO and Manager!As long as there is no misunderstanding regarding how the winning amount is shared,I think you can get anyone you like.

Cheers

5. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Grand jewellery & sarees!

Hi Friends,

I too see this thanga vettai. I feel Ramya is the right choice to wear such grand jewellery & sarees.

Kamla, I do agree she seems over weight, but still she looks gorgeous and carries herself very well. Her way of talking is also nice.

Looks like the jewels are sponsored by Prince Jewellery. But I was wondering whether Prince too started making such thick jewels? Because as far as I know, it's Lalitha, Fatima and LKS kind of jewelers who make such thick jewels. Prince is famous for elegant jewels!

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amudha,

I do agree Ramyakrishna looks pretty. She was always a pretty woman anyways and she does present the programme well. I have never watched any Tamil game shows till now and hence I have no scale to compare the programme. But I think a game show is a welcome programme for any TV channel and good that SunTV has introduced this one now. As for the heavy saris and jewellery given to Ramya, sorry, I feel it is way too much. But this may be because of my personal taste where I prefer a simpler and decent style. But that does not mean I am right!:)

7. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I do agree with what u say.We would always like to wear something simple. But it is also nice watching someone fully dressed up with the right ornaments.....which, even if we can afford to, will not wear. Also till now, Ramya's dress had been pretty decent, unlike kushboo's dress in jack pot (remember her famous blouse designs???).Also as someone has already pointed out, the costumes are sponsered, since they make it a point to explain about the same in each show. But the questions, I feel are really below standard. And ultimately the viwers will always feel that winners dont deserve those thangam.....

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello AGR,

It so happened that I watched Ramyakrishna presenting her favorite movies in a programme called Natchatiram, I think. She was wearing a very very simple shirt and NO JEWELS at all! Not even kammal!! So it does prove the point that her dressing is the need of the programme and the sponsors! Like already mentioned, she looks good both with and without the silks and jewels:!
    Have a nice day:)

9. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

VIJAYALAKSHMI06 Platinum IL'ite

Thaga Thaga Thaga Thaga Thaangggaaaaa Vettaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This was the Renowned Dialogue of Thanga Vettai - I hope

1 person likes this.
  10. jabeen100

jabeen100 New IL'ite

Thanga vettai is best tv seriel of sun tv. I have watch it often . It is very interesting show.