1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 14

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

A wholesome and fine ending to a lovely story.

ALS is very special in that it had no villains as such. When the going got rough, everything was sorted out by pure love!

Vidya and Arun's getting together was like eating a cream cheesecake after a sumptuous meal. Naren and Priya's little love story was the cream on the top! Kamla and Kumar were the solid yummy chocolate cake base!!
    Ahem, what to do, the alchemist in you seems to make my fantasy flourish, albeit only in culinary form!!

As totally satisfied after reading the final episode. All is well that ends well. This story will be long remembered Sridhar. Applause to you for ending the story with that much revered Slokam.

I wish you and all our ILites a very Happy Vijayadasami.
    For you, it is even more significant as your book will be released. Congratulations once again.

I read both the epilogues and you seem to excel yourself each time you bare your thoughts to us.

I am really touched by your forward to the book. You seem to have given a due tribute to this site and all its members very generously. You have also mentioned my name as one of the persons who sparked your thoughts off. I am so grateful and very touched by it. I do not know what I wrote in that thread, but you seem to remember it till now. I feel humbled. Thank you.

I wish you a roaring success with the book. With an intro like that and given the subject, how can it be otherwise?!
    God Bless.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Congratulations on your promulgation of "Ethanai Kodi Inbam Vaithai" on this auspicious day..I wanted to order the book today and called Mr.Marimuthu's number but apparently missed out on the time. I did'nt realize the shop closes at 6.30pm and i was 2hrs late..Well i attempted and will make it tomorrow. Today happens to be another important day, Shirdi baba's Samadhi day. My sincere prayers will be with you Sridhar for acheiving more towering success in all your endeavors.

May Baba's blessing and Mother Saraswathi give you and yours all good health to acheive everything you wish in your life.

Now i was enraptured reading your eplilogue and specially your blurb. None other than you could publicize your work with such eloquent simplicity. It was a wondrous writing Sridhar...

I am repeating again that the conclusion of ALS was the best i had for my B'day and the love and care you shower on me are to be cherished..

With loads of love
    Vidya

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

a superb re-union of Vidya and Arun. While reading this part, I could feel the taste of chocolate and plum cakes. I was impreseed with the following lines. Just by saying preface to the happy life, you have implied that they lived happily ever after.

Arun was an expert in writing a short preface for his books. His readers went crazy over his preface as much as they did over the book. The three days Arun and Vidya spent in in Kumar’s and Kamla’s company was like that preface to the happy life that was waiting for them in <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">India</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>.

It proves that good things come in bundles to all those who are patient.

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />
    Will write a long FB later.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Dear bf come pa,

You had really made a very great and sucessfull love story.Really pa touch wood i have no words to praise u and express my happiness and excitement.

You had given a great and unexpected climax pa. Surely this story will be a example for true love, selfless love and great time waiting love. This is what the hope on god gives us the fruits i feel.

Thank u very much pa i would like to touch your feet and have your blessings. thanks for creating such a great characters and moving the story very clearly and lovely.

Sorry pa i really not getting words to write to out of happiness and excitment.

I WILL PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE YOU GOOD HEALTH , WEALTH AND EVER LASTING SUCCESS THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE IN ALL ASPECTS.

With love from ur gf come daughter,
    madhumathi.

5. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Dearest Sridhar,
    First let me
    congratulate :thumbsup you on your new book "Ethanai Kodi Inbam Vaithai".. I am sorry i couldnt really read the epilogue and blurp because am not a great tamil reader.. but still am trying on it.. but before i finish it i wanted to write something about the final episode for you.
    It was an amazing episode. usually by the middle of a story we can almost figure out what will happen at the end. But your stories always have a variety(this is not only in this episode but in every others).

“You are… please forgive me if I am wrong… you resemble someone I know very well…. are you by any chance…..related to.. no, no.. are you Vid.. Vid.. Vidya.. by any chance.. “

The way Arun's words fumble gorgeously expresses his love for vidya in his mind. That was extremely innocent and virtous.
    and it was very evident on those words how much pain arun felt at that moment that he did not propose to vidya long back.. and the way he asked about sundar and kids revealed so much of his love and how much he missed vidya...

And each part after that made me feel that am vidya and i have my lover (My husband) near me.. i really imagined myself in her world till i finished my reading.. your words were soo real that it was very easy for me to visualise all that was happening as though it was happening to me!

Vidya letting Arun walk with Kumar and she walking with Kamla indeed express them more than lover's. I still remember the initial days of my marriage when me my DH my mom and dad went to tirupati temple. I was roaming everywhere holding my Dhs hand i was enjoying his hands all the time. But when i read this i felt immediete sense of immaturity i showed.. And am also feeling a mom sickness!!!

Kumar is embodied as a great dad.. i sometimes felt(not critiquing) throughout the story whether we can see a dad like him. He is so lovable and so caring. Maybe dads become like Kumar after an age.. or it is my perception of "DADDY" word that is wrong..!

I always make a note of the shlokas that you had in the serial and do try to say that everyday...

Also, When you write a story that is so captivating... i hope even the best critiques may find it difficult to do the judgement.

Hope we get to read more and more stories from you. May god always shower you with more imaginative thoughts!!!

6. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear BF,

You must have wondered where this GF of yours was hiding.

I need to confess something BF. When I prayed to my BF(Ganeshji) to punish you, I am so happy that he has punished you well.

Elders say when an important talk/storytelling is going on, it is rude to interrupt. I did not have the guts to interrupt you with my silly comments.

After all BF, who am I to comment on such a beautiful piece? BF, the reason why I love your stories is because, your heroines have a strong personality. They are like my other favourite author : Sidney Sheldon.

For an Indian writer who "dares" to give strong heroines in his story, BF I can only say "HATS OFF TO YOU".

It is a love story yes, but not the silly ones we see on the silver screen. A very matured & a logical one.

Simply loved the way you ended this story.

Eagerly looking forward to your next story.

Regards,

Corallux

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    As for the busy weekend couldn't read this episode before but this was a perfect ending of the story very beautifully penned.
    Especially the scene in the airport coffee shop where Arun and vidya were involved in each others love without realising what is going on around..........
    This was superb even if the dinosurs were dancing around you guys you will not be aware of it............
    So Naren created another Love story in Kamla's clinic, he is really good in making arrangements perfectly he made one for himself too.
    Now you take rest for sometime but comeback fast for another wonderful story for all your GF's here..........hehehe
    Who will be eagerly waiting to read what you write.
    All the Best for your new bookbonkcouldn't understand anything but it might be something interesting and good.

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Divya. I designed my character Arun to be a perfect husband. Something which I am not. I examined me and removed all those qualities which might hurt my wife and presto!the ideal Arun was born.
    Naren was left hanging in the middle.So I had to join him with Priya. The idea came from one of the ILites. I am indebted to her for that.
    thanks for being the very first to post a fb, even before I could post my second epilogue.
    thanks once again Divya for being with me throughout the serial.
    Love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear ^ 10 Vashini,
    How can I have the heart to harm the ideal couple Vidya and Arun? A love story never ends - your words are pretty poetic,Vashini. And that's true. Vidya and Arun will continue to live in our minds forever and ever.

Thanks for your kind wishes. Wish you the same.
    And my God, you have honoured me by coining the term ALS day. Then let that be the second Valentine's day in the year. The first version of ALS as a simple short story was published on the Valentine's Day by Vikatan in 1999. And the second, detailed version ended on the second Valentine's day.

Looking forward to your detailed fb to the episode and the epilogues.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dearmost Daughter Vidya,
    Only after completing the final draft of ALS 14 did I realise that your star birthday fell on the day I posted the episode. I thought of wishing you in the epilogue. But then I had a more poetic idea. I gifted you a silk saree and made my character declare that it's her star b'day.

And dear daughter, you should always be crying in overflowing happiness. In a grand marriage the solemnity of the occasion is invariably missed.That's why I designed my kanyaadhaan in such a way as to preserve the sanctity of the great occasion.

Looking forward to your detailed views and those of my son-in-love.
    love,
    sridhar