1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Warning Bells This Time - Lets Relax With Abdul Rahman!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 2, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The credit rightfully belongs to kavikko!

Thanks for the affectionate words of praise, which I as the 'chella payan' of this site never fail to get from you.

It is Kavikkos beautiful emotion-laden words that makes my translation almost a no-effort and a high result job. This is I say inspite of the enormous good feelings welling up inside me when I am put along with a great poet.

Thanks Kamla.

Varalotti

2. varalotti

I have no mind to reply to your post, Manjula!

Dear Manju,

I do not have the heart to reply to your post. After reading your farewell message who will have the heart to reply?

And in all likelihood you may not see my response too. And I may get a little bit emotional while replying confirming the suspicion of those people who work for me, 'our boss is nuts.'

I promise to take up Paal Veethi or thee kulial or Timbuktu's national anthem for translation provided PROVIDED you come back to us.

This is my experience. In any house the naughty child is always the most missed one. Please dont make us miss you.

I started as a response to your post but ended up differently. May you be happy wherever you are and in whatever you do.

regards,
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

Thanks Varudhini!

Dear Varudhini,
    Thanks for your kind words. I am also lucky to have my work appreciated by persons like you.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks Sudha!

Dear Sudha,
    I am very happy to see that you enjoy the words of this great poet. In my opinion if you are able to enjoy such beautiful verses, your life has not been lived in vein. This to me is the essential; all the rest in life are details.
    Thanks for the nice words,
    sridhar

5. Jana

Jana Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I am coming to this website after a long time. I wrote a reply to you once, but you did not reply to me. I hope this time is better. I enjoyed the poem. But it is not easy to live these words in real life. Or accept tears and smiles equally. We have many good peots in Hindi also.

6. varalotti

Dear Jana,

I never miss out replying to any of the posts. But if I had by my inadvertence omitted to reply yours, then I am sorry. Please forgive me.

Jana you are right. It is difficult to live these words, though you may like them, enjoy them and get them by heart. But these poets are always busy pointing out the ideal world to us.
    If not today, tomorrow at least 10 years later, a hundred lifetimes later we may be able to live this words. What we get now is just a vision of our mission in life.
    Am I clear, Jana?

Regards
    Varalotti