Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam

Wishing you a happy and safe journey.

Today i prepared Milagai podi using Gram Dhal and Sesame seeds method.As usual it cameout verywell in taste.

Thank you Madam

with best regards

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    getting ready for the meet, ha? Enjoy!
    Yesterday I made MW capsicum curry, delicious as usual. Had a nice dinner, as skipped rice for lunch. Too bored to make rice for myself.

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo

today I made the kurma powder, made dough for carrot paratha, palak paratha, tomato kadhi, SI chole. Do you soak the anardhana before grinding?

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hello Chithramma,

I made Vazhaipoo pitlai and potato, capsicum bajji (treat for the finance minister). Both were arumai. I have never made such wonderful bajjis in my life. I did have dosai maavu so added it but forgot to add soda. But even then it was fluffy, crispy. The capsicum one was especially good. Today i have soaked for muzhu ulundu adai. I have bought dill keerai so will add that instead of murungai ilai. Remember.. i had asked for some recipes with whole ulundu with skin way back but never got to do them. Now i found them staring at my face on my usual kitchen-cleaning spree.

Hope you are having a good time in Singapore....

Latha

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

The adais were very tasty, Chithramma. I am very relieved that i have many adai varieties to try and not worry about fermenting maavu in winter.

Latha

6. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Feedback!

Dear Chitra,

It is a late Krishna Jayanthi feedback..>I did try to send it that night itself but the site was down..Then Richu fell sick and was running around as usual!! So this is what I made.

...White thenkuzhal: First Attempt and it turned out perfect...The whole box disappeared in a day thanks to hubby and frnds , so I made two more batches that week:)

Ribbon Pakkoda: Lasted few hours:) I ate half a box for dinner:) ( I packed a couple extra lbs..thanks!

Omapoddi--Super duper and kutti loved it..I make it every week for him!!!

Wheat Maida Appam...Turned out great as usual..I think I have perfected the art of appam making

Uppu Cheedai: Out of the world....My MIL makes very good seedais...and hubby loves it...He said parvalla enga amma mathiri cheedai pannirikkai!!!!

Caramel Payasam: Perfect and deliciou as usual....Made 3 litres for distribution as my caramel payasam is famous among my friend circle

And last but not least lip smacking Vella Aval:) I was mean and did not distibute it..Saved it for next day's breafast!!!

I was really really happy that everything turned out perfect for Janmasthami...Last year I could not do much as I was not at home...So compensated it this time!!!!

Idli Manchurian: I was very skeptical when I read the recipe, but now I love this for breakfast:))...Repeated it four five times!!!1

I had yummy Puttu with your version of Kadala curry! And it was delish!!!!

I have a big party this weekend...and will definitely make few new dishes...Will send you the feedback end of this week..

Thanks so much for sharing all your recipes!

regards,
    L

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithu,
    This weekend i tried 5 mins halwa - What a jiffy sweet and it tasted heavenly.I have tried it earlier but did not have a chance to share with others except DH.
    But on saturday, i took it to my grandparents - they were so happy and told that it tasted so authentic.
    I took some to my cousin sis's house too - They all loved it...

I made Peanut Sagu again on Sunday ..Pathram gaali in a matter of 20 mins...and R was saying" why do you make tasty dishes like this soo konjam" and has asked me to do it again this week for his lunch but in bigger dabbas(packed for his entire team at office)!

This week, Idli's were even more softer, well i learnt the knack of grinding well ! My Idli rice requires 7.5 cups of water for those perfect idlis!

Thanks a zillion!!

8. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Hello Mrs. C

Made the following during the weekend.

1. It was a Mini- Idly day and made idly sambar, Podi idly and Masala idly. All of them were simply superb. Had made idly mavu and thught of trying all of them. Thanks a lot. Will try the other versions later.

2. Beans with coconut milk sabzi. It was awesome. Didn't had much veggies at home and only had frozen french beans. It was made very quick. First I thought it was little watery but once I opened the cooker it was of the corect consistency.

My hubby had it as a sidedish for thayir sadam. The aroma was simply superb. We had it with chapathi.

Hope you are had a great time in S'pore.

Regards
    GK

9. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Chitra,

How are you? Decided to take a short break from IL and ended up being a long one. I see you have posted a lot of new recipes and I should start venturing into them. Was cooking the same old ones over and over again so have memorized them thoroughly.

Made Jiffy carrot rice and to go with it made fruit raitha. As usual they tasted excellent. CR was extremely flavorful and was quick and easy to put together. We enjoyed FR to the max.In fact I have saved the powder for future preparations.Thanks for all the recipes and will try them one by one.

Love,

10. sudhanarayanan

sudhanarayanan Senior IL'ite

Hi ChitVish,
    No enthu to give feedback, if you are not there! :thumbsdown
    But somehow pulled myself to... Made Vegetable rasam during the weekend... Was a real treat to the taste buds!! We loved it!! Good way of adding so many veggies into the rasam! I have decided to make that very frequently from here on...
    :)

Thanks ChitVish!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.