1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Quarantine Period Utilisation- My Weight Loss Journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by BDivya, Mar 23, 2020.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

I welcome back everyone after 2 years gap. The first week of quarantine, I spent lazing around. But came across many motivational insta feeds and decided to use this quarantine period productively, like a major lifestyle change.

I want to start with being fit and this time I will take things in smaller portions. So starting with the remaining 9 days in March utilisation.

#March challenge #day 1:
    Starting today.

Join me ladies!

2. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

#March challenge#Day 1:

Workout- ☑️
    Intermittent fasting- ☑️
    Diet- ❎

Starting weight: 79.4kg (random time)
    March end target: 76kg

Will update my empty stomach-morning weight tomorrow.

I took up self customized challenge last year post delivery and lost 8 kilos, after that I gave myself a break, kinda long break and now I want to redo and reduce few more kilos.

I started with 87 kg!

#MommyHustles

anika987 and PLK like this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Day 2 to day 5:

I was able to do IF. Diet was kinda okay I would say because I took coffee, in which I add more sugar. Then workout was also done.

Tomorrow is a Saturday, I have decided to again cut down sugar, fried items and increase workout timing.

PLK likes this.
  4. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Checked my weight yesterday early morning, I'm 1 kilo less than my target weight.

March: 79.8 kg
    April 9: 77.9 kg

And I was held up with some unexpected chores, so couldn't do any workout for nearly 20 days now. That is, from March end-9 days and April also nearly 10 days. But I did IF continuously with less intervals, that's why I reduced nearly 2 kilos.

Planning to somehow squeeze workout in my schedule with the lockdown extension.

April 10: 77.9/78 kg
    April end target: 75 kg

5. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    What you had during intermittent fasting? I am doing same for past 3 month .i lost 2 kg and gained back n couldn’t reduce more. I have my last meal at 6.30 pm and next meal at 11.30 am. I have one black coffee in morning without sugar. I am doing ab exercise recently but couldn’t reduce.

6. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Hi @BDivya
    I am logging in after a long time. Nice to see your update. Me too joining weight loss journey
    I really need some motivation to lose weight. I am planning to start some dieting and workout on days when I can find some time.
    Can you explain how you are doing IF? I tried a while ago, but I just couldn’t manage. Even now it is becoming difficult to fast when I work from home with a 5yr old and 1yr old. I have some much of pregnancy weight to lose.

7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

@deepthivinayak1 I follow the 16:8 rule with no or minimum sugar. I have been practising IF since 2019 , initially the weight loss was quite slow but once ur body gets a hold of it then u might see the results.

Wanted to add one more thing, for some people this IF might not work, so u may try keto or anything else.

8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hiiiii, long time! How ru?
    Congrats on second baby!

I have been trying IF for more than a year now so I have figured out which works and which does not. It depends on your body. Start simple with portion control and then move on to 16:8

All the best!

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

A small update from my side, I had some high indulgence in sugar coz of few occasions this month. And I checked my weight today only to know that... Got back again!
    April 26: 79.6 kg

I always measure on empty stomach in the morning.

10. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

How did you manage frm 87 to 79?

I'm currently at 86. I started at 98 though. But stuck at 86 from 2months.

I dont believe in any diets though. I pay to a renowned nutritionist who plans my diet. No fasting. And i saw reliable results.
    I didnt rebook with her lately to cut down expenses.
    But this lockdown happened so no much workout.
    Busy with life even though at home 24x7.