1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Drape Saree With Open Pallu And Relaxed Arm

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by SuiDhaaga, Apr 6, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:COVID-19 impacted here. No visitor yet since posted several hours ago from Western Hemisphere.
    2. I opened it just out of curiosity and even browse relevant websites just to learn what is great happening in draping world of sarees.
    3. I was astounded to read -
    “She can drape a saree in just 18.5 seconds and has made it to Limca Book of Records for draping a saree in 125 different ways. Later, she increased that number to a 325 for other records.

Recently, she draped Union textiles minister Smriti Irani who was “scared” of messing up a Kanjeevaram saree and, therefore, asked for help”

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/how-dolly-jain-went-from-a-housewife-to-celebrity-saree-draper-for-ambanis-peecee-deepika/articleshow/6729675
    Thanks and Regards.

Amica, vrikshakadali and SuiDhaaga like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sir,

Thank you for this great article. I guess saree draping comes from one's own style. This lady obviously has talent!

For so many years I wanted to wear saree. A simple, beautiful one to the office.. I even purchased a set before COVID hit. Now I will certainly wear when it warms up.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:True indeed of my spouse.
    2. Every Saree turns aesthetic because of persona or the beautiful person drapes it!
    Western world was always in awe looking at such a lengthy cloth draped so beautifully as plain, or bordered with Pallu.
    3. One think of the world looking in 1962 at and listening to legendary Carnatic singer late BharatRathna MS Amma in her blue silk that she wore in traditional style seated in United Nations (MS Subbulakshmi).
    4, so also world remembers the blue border white saree draped in typical style by late Saint Mother Theresa: And bottle green saree on late Cine turned politician Miss Jayalalitha.
    5, To look young and cut years from age, one tries draping Lehanga.
    Thanks to @vrikshakadali for visiting here.
    Thanks and Regards.

GOD - looks forever exquisite and enchanting with His consort draped in saree.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    SuiDhaaga likes this.