1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share Ur Exp Witgg 3 Children Or Huge Gap Between Children

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by BoysMom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. BoysMom

BoysMom Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I have 2 big boys already 14 and 11. Pregnant with the third one now,ofcourse, unplanned. Bit excited and nervous about the third boy (yes we have another boy : ). Looking fwd to hear from parents of 3 kids or kids with huge age gap about ur experiences like how its between siblings and how is life with the new addition after. long gap ? etc

2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

No answers?
    I am sure all three will be wonderful brothers to each other. They will be siblings but due to age difference there will some dynamic of parent-kid, e.g no jealousy, less rivalry and more guidance.

Nylaa, Sunshine04 and Rihana like this.
  3. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

I only have one child but I have an observation about children with a large age gap between them as there is a large age gap between my husband and his youngest brother (my husband is 15 years older than him). In my observation, the dynamic is a bit different than when siblings are age mates. The main difference I've noticed is that my husband and his youngest brother don't really view each other as peers/siblings. Their relationship, to me, seems more like what you would see between a younger uncle/nephew or between, like, an older cousin and a younger one than brothers. I think this is partly because they didn't really grow up together (my husband went to uni and moved out when his little brother was about three).

They have a good relationship and my husband is there him if he needs anything but they aren't very close. They're at very different places in their lives, so they don't have a ton in common. On the bright side, there really isn't any rivalry or jealousy because you can't compare age 14 and age 29. The guidance thing is 50/50 though. My husband is there for him if he needs any advice or needs help with anything. However, he doesn't really tell my husband things about what he's up to in his social/private life because he feels that my husband doesn't understand him in that regard.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020