1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Day, Another Snippet :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Caughtinbetween!

Welcome to my snippets. You have no idea how happy I feel knowing that you read my snippets! I do hope you will continue to respond more.

I did see a picture on the net of the mountain view you speak of and I was telling my DH that perhaps we should start celebrating, no vehicle on the road day or some such thing so that we at least start contributing better to our environment - he of course squarely said, i need think of economy too not just stay misty eyed about nature :) And thank you for your words about my writing (about nature) and you have no idea how much it please when someone says they thought of me on seeing something beautiful in nature. We don't know one another but this bond....I am going to cry!

You know I am playing shuttle badminton with my kids as much as I can and sometimes, well many a time I miss hitting because I am thrilled with the birds in the sky and my daughter constantly goes " :facepalm: not again mom! I don't know what you see!" But then let me be the first one to tell you - take me out to live in a remote area, I crave to come back to a city! Looks like I want this and that too.......

Thank you for your sweet response.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Thyagarajan and Caughtinbetween like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Duplicate post

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Another day. Yes.
    Somehow my days have turned busier since the mandatory work at home began.
    There are so many virtual meetings every day, back-to-back!
    As it is I hate meetings, especially those where some person monopolizes the entire time and goes on and on.
    With these virtual meetings, it is worse; we cannot gauge the body language, and it is just hearing. And when there is a presentation, we can't see what is presented, on the small laptop screen. :hollering:

And I can't even get up to get a quick brisk walk.

So the past few days I have been staying away from all screens after I shut down . My eyes are tired, my brain is tired,

Unfortunately not where I live. Yesterday my organization head mentioned that our area is expected to peak mid-May.
    Not sure when this will end, or if it will end at all.

I also read/ heard that we are heading for a food shortage. I went the Indian store where there was no sooji, no mustard seeds, and no coriander seeds. The store owner said it will be two to four months before we get any more supplies.

I have read about the great depression, but never imagined I will experience it.
    My brain is now switched on to thinking and exploring the different ways I need to be frugal, innovative, and enterprising in home management from now on.

We will have more snippets for sure; but definitely different days are ahead.

A good enjoyable snippet Sabitha.

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

I hear you about feeling tired - after being at the screen for so long or on phone, not having a chance to step out! I think almost all schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year - taking one day at a time, one week at a time is the way to go.

I follow this too and it helps me immensely.

I certainly hope it will all turn out okay after all this - hopefully no food shortage and all that. Indian stores at our place have been asked to be shut for a couple of weeks. Nothing has been open for a week and half now.

Hopefully all of this will be behind us soon .

Thyagarajan and kkrish like this.
  5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

yes you are right ..i was happy all morning thinking about that picture that day but slowly did realize that reopening of the economy is perhaps more important . in few weeks , when the dust settles on this situation and all the good it brought along ,when the ripple effects of recession would be seen around ... i am afraid people wont be able to find calm in the beauty of nature anymore . we traveled a one way lane and brought about all the industrial advancements at the cost of nature and cant afford to go back now.
    there is a small village through which we pass to reach a temple we visit for any important occasion or festival. that village is so picture perfect with houses located very far from each other , rich natural scenery and multiple scenic stops . watching that village i always dreamt of living at such a place where there is no sight of another human just tall trees and birds , greenery all around and snowy mountains behind you. now when i think of it i doubt myself whether actually i would be able to survive there day in and out once the initial romance of such a place subsides .
    not sure if anything makes sense , completely lost myself with many breaks in between.

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Latent lessons revealed thanks to you. I enjoyed reading the whole of it.
    Thanks and Regards.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Srama
    A journey inside home is possible. That is what your post reveals. Happy narration of the mundane life indoors under compelling circumstances .
    Kudos to you.
    Thanks and Regards.

GOD - journeying to You would be pleasant than Attaining You.

Srama likes this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Sabitha,

Another heartwarming post. Your writing makes me smile and every flower and cloud I see reminds me of you.

We are on lockdown routine. I am using this time to complete my thesis. So I am working every minute I got in between serving meals umpteen times and clearing after my three boys. I truly hope that there is going to be a beautiful light at the end of this tunnel of scary times. This lockdown made me pray, so sincerely for the wellbeing of one and all.

However, this is not a new experience for me. From the age of 12 to 20, I have faced school closures/university closures umpteen times. Some were short and the longest was a year. For some closures, we were at home, and for some, we were at refugee camps. When we return from each closure, we faced a situation where we would have lost our friend/their family member/teacher. When we stayed back home, we did have neither electricity nor any toys. we entertained our selves by looking at the airplane to see where it is going to drop the bombs, decorating our bunkers with flowers (not to forget the times there were snakes and we were more scared of them than bomb killing us), and played with stones and coconut shells. Many days and nights were spent in bunkers. However, life went on. Twenty years down the lane, what I can assure is all of us are doing well like anyone else in this world. Therefore, this pandemic will also pass and we will move on. For our kids, they are witnessing history.

Love you Sabitha and keep safe,
    Vani

Amica, Anusha2917, Viswamitra and 4 others like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Caughtinbetween,

let me hasten to assure you that you are not alone! I think it is that fine balance that the nature seems to have mastered that we need to master!
    And no matter what, we cannot lose sight of what brings us happiness or calmness and we have to strive for it. Just yesterday as is wont now, cousins from India were talking about what's happening in America and the point of technological advancement. My point is how do we continue to make subtle changes at various levels in each one of us to leave a better earth behind than we inherited. I think we are going through transition as humanity and learn to be patient and learning. Honestly, I am as confused as you as well. :).

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Thyagarajan sir,

Thank you! Journey inside home, inwards is possible - You must have heard of that famous story of Alexander the great and a monk, each looking at what they have conquered. Life has to be a journey for we really don't know what our destination is and enjoying the ride is what we can do.
    Circumstances as you said are compelling but what to do? Did you hear the Queen's speech a couple of days ago! I am amazed thinking of how many people like her must be there who have seen so much. We were all a fortunate generation born in a progressing forward world, worrying only about our individual betterment. Something like this is new to us all!

Your signature line has intrigued me and now I am wondering about God. As much as I practice yoga and meditation, attaining god has never been the objective. Yoga sutras throw a different perspective - patanjali rarely speaks of God other than bringing up Ishwara pranidhana!

Thyagarajan likes this.