1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Living With Hope In Times Of Corona

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Mar 29, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Syamalaji,
    Do we really learn from our past? Experience so far is not very positive. Two world wars and there is no end to small wars and at times on the brink of a third world war.
    Knowing fully well that the world is facing pandemic Covid-19, those muslims preacher did not cut short their mission and return home. Instead they are roaming all over the country spreading the virus.
    But humans do find a way out because of his capacity to rebuild. Both Japan and Germany were devastated in world war 2 but today they are on the top in many ways.
    Hope will guide us as long as we are breathing.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. HariLakhera

Thanks for your feedback. HOPE so. They say about 200000 people die in India due to TB, but that does not affect us collectively. It is not the question how many lives will be gone because of Coronavirus, the question being asked is what sort of devastation it will will leave behind in terms of economy. It will take years to build.
    The only thing is Hope and human capacity to survive against all odds.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

My dad used to say ' the value of your hard earned money depends on the value you give it'

I have bought many many things with it and hoarded it with respect and care ( I respect money a lot for what it is capable of.. Sri Maha Lakshmi ammavaru). But these times give us an opportunity ( that is one way sad) to give it a value that is par everything, to save lives.

I have been helping NGOs who are heros really going and feeding the poor in need of time.I can never be as brave as them, as selfless as them, but when I backed them this time yesterday,... I cried in my bed yesterday night and felt some sort of relief...I can not express clearly.
    This seems to be the way out to keeping positive, personally for me. God will be with us if we are with him.
    Sorry to ramble...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

& @shyamala1234
    :hello:That speaks volume of their learning from past mistakes aka experience! Foundation of their edifice is experience out of wars.
    Thanks and Regards.
    GOD- Hindu Gods carry weapon to protect humans.

HariLakhera likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I was thinking in reverse.

2. If deserts were once upon a time were lush and full of prosperity, Nature destroyed it. Sahara is proof. Indus Valley disappeared altogether. Was it absence of hope?

3. The Sahara Desert, the world's largest desert, was once full of greenery. ... Sahara, which has a gentle grassland, has a sparse forest with acacia trees. This era is known as the African Humid Period, and it peaked between 9,000 and 6,000 years ago( google ).

4. Destruction and construction would they go hand in hand? As China recovers, USA & UK & other Nations In doldrums. At this rate it will not be a surprise if China in future would be on top of the world in economy terms whereas other nations would be lagging far behind. No more trade war perhaps!

Thanks and Regards.

6. HariLakhera

Dear Shri Thyagarajan,
    Thanks for giving a new angle to the subject.
    You are correct to the extent where devastation was caused by nature, like in Sahara. At the same time there is Nevada in the USA, also once a desert. Proper planning and impetus by authorities developed it one of the most popular tourist attraction. Same is the case with cities like Dubai, Abu Dhabi and others in UAE.
    Indus Valley Civilisation was destroyed by Indus River floods. But the Aryans came and to day it is the most fertile area in the region.
    Somehow devastation caused by nature can be salvaged by humans with Hope and grit but devastation caused by humans themselves, which we know as global warming, may not be salvaged.
    However, as I said, there is always a hope. Humans have the capacity to rebuild and or find answers for the simple reason that they have no other option.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

First my heartfelt respects and appreciation for your kindness. Fortunately there are some brave hearts among us who risk their live for helping the helpless. This possibly is the reason for HOPE.
    In times like this, we will find three types of people, one those, Like Premji of Wipro who can say money does not excite him any more. This may be because he has too much of it and still pouring. Then there are people who want to clutch their money, and it may be huge, for fear of tomorrow. And there are people who do not have much but still donate with compassion. They are full of hope that future will take care of itself if we can take of present today.
    I have yet to see our MPs, MLAs, Ministers and fat salary earners to donate their one day, one week or one month salary to the fund created for the purpose.
    I was happy when daughter of a CM donated 2000 rupees to the fund out of her own small earnings but her CM father has yet to respond. Pity.
    I have done my bit and have suggested that Government should impose a surcharge of 5% on Income tax for this financial year.
    More than money, it is the help the field workers in health, sanitation, security etc are rendering at the cost of their life. Delhi Government has assured a sum of one crore Rupees for the family of any such hero in case he or she dies in line of duty.
    We have two doctors in the family and are busy for over 12 hours daily. We are on the one hand happy and proud of them and on the other hand concerned also.

Thyagarajan likes this.