1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Interested In One Meal A Day..

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by AmulB, Mar 1, 2020.

1. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

You have PCOD, that is an issue, that affects hormones. Someone I know has PCOD, she has resorted to this solution - she has left rice, completely cut it off from her diet, she is okay with potatoes, diary in her diet, but rice is almost zero. She eats all the veggies (curry, gravy, soup etc). And it worked for her. I personally think it worked for her because it might have been the first time in her life she stopped totally eating rice. She still maintains the same diet and will probably maintain it for a long time if my assessment is right. She will also probably never switch back to rice at any point of time. I don't know much about IF. However I can say that I am doing IF unconsciously and I really don't like it, but I have not much choice. I used to eat by 7-7.30 pm and I used to have my breakfast at 9.30 to 10 am. I really didn't want to have breakfast that late, but I am a religious person and I don't have anything to eat before my prayers for the day are done. If I have to finish my chores and prayers, the earliest I can do is by 8 am. I am a morning person and I don't prefer cooking in the evening. Nowadays, I am trying to shift the chores to evening, but it's not easy for me.

My energy is highest in the morning. I need fuel to start off the day with. That's how I have been since my childhood. It's a different matter that prolonged gap between dinner and breakfast has given me a lot of problems like acidity and anxiety and a bloated tummy. As for Sadhguru's videos, I have watched them, I have a lot of respect of respect and admiration for him. I do follow his advice to the extent I can. He says sleeping for 5 hours is enough and you don't need much food to eat, but people miss out on the key factor - he does meditation regularly, he does it to the extent of switching his brain to another mode. If you see his videos, he is extremely calm and composed, he answers in the most diplomatic manner possible. Many people don't agree with his answers, but most of the time, if not all the time, he has managed to keep the questioner's mouth shut. There is no argument to his answers. He basically has found out a way to deal with stress, he can deal with people, he is not like us normal folks physically and mentally. I don't think he has health issues. And he is a man. To put oneself in his position in my opinion is not correct unless we do *everything* that he suggests.

Finally, if you are able to cope with IF, go for it, but please remember this is not something you can do on and off. I am having my own weight issues, I know why I am having them, I am getting overwhelmed by them. I also know that cutting down on food will not work for me. I have indulged in wrong kind of food in the past 4 years and I think the reason was entirely stress. Handling issues, being disciplined, having the clarity and strength of mind is very important according to me now. I have a lot of learning to do, I am trying to be more organized, but it is not easy. I wish I was organized right from the beginning, at least if I had been guided that way, I would have been much better than how I am now. God has been really kind to me, but off late I have realized the importance of self-love, of being organized, of having to make myself a priority. Women in our society are shamed and guilted into subservience. It is a very fine balance we need to maintain. We shouldn't be torturing and stressing ourselves out in the process is my point.

2. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

@sarvantaryamini yes you’re correct I need to give up carbs. And it’s long due.. I have to work on it. Though I managed very well with kapalbhati pranayam and shows nothing complicated in the reports and I get annual check up to see the difference in pcos. It’s all normal and I never had issues with my periods or conceiving. As I was always under weight before. Now it’s a different story, body feels not cooperating maybe too much stress with personal life and having to take care of two toddlers without help. Due to emotional stress I don’t sleep well, I am always sleep deprived and kids keep rolling and hitting and wake me up at night. It’s so difficult with kids to have good night sleep for those 8hrs straight, as it’s always disturbed.
    With OMAD and IF I also saw that there’s change in cycles. I completely missed a cycle doing IF which I never miss usually. So it’s doing something to the body, showing up on harmones. I am convinced with your explanation on why u need to have regular meals to function properly. And shall make some dietery changes like cutting carbs and junk, add healthy diet and exercise regularly.
    Regarding Sadhguru video, I agree to some points u mentioned he does cut off people when they try to talk in between and has diplomacy in his messages, he says to do it but do it if necessary kind of statements so he leaves the decision to us ultimately. Thanks to hear ur input.
    And yes “self-love and prioritizing urself” is something I need to work on myself. Still unable to stabilize my mind and emotions. When
    U say not to worry about things that are not under ur control— how’s it possible when it bothers u.

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  3. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

@pumpkin01 not really getting enough sunlight, as it’s still cold in my area still. And what you’ve said is true after pregnancy harmones aren’t the same. And I’m seeing it clearly and cannot expect the results like before.

4. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Update : I could do OMAD in March for the most part except 4 days when i ate something for dinner as well .
    Difference: 4 lbs lost , dresses which wont fit this past november fit now but tight at belly and arms .
    Goal for April : OMAD + 4 liters water .

AmulB and shravs3 like this.
  5. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

@Caughtinbetween have you read the above threads about why omad is not healthy. Omad is good for only short period and not over do it as it may lead to health issues later. Are you have good BM in the morning. If not the chances of loosing weight is less. The key is to cleanse ur body from inside and out. Having good bowel moment daily helps loose weight. And adding more fiber and eating less carbs. In recent study I figured out I was not doing it correctly. In order to have clean tummy u need to eat in regular intervals and drink lots of water. With omad I had issues in the morning as I was eating so less in a day. And it won’t help loose weight. Added to that I was constipated.
    Try eating steamed veggies for dinner and portion ur meals at regular intervals. And body needs lot of exercise sit ups, cycling, stretches etc. there r tons of videos on YouTube that show daily 20min workout at home and shall keep doing that. I started working out an hour a day I feel so good now. Though body gets sore but each day feels fresh and active and I see some improvement in my body shape.

Caughtinbetween and shravs3 like this.
  6. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Yes I did read the threads and the discussion that happened . I didnt have any convincing opinion to put forward . I had earlier like 3 years back lost close to 30-40 lbs by pretty much doing the same lots of walking and some exercising , eating healthy at regular intervals and lots of water and calorie counting in the duration of 7-8 months . After that started regaining a lot of weight ever since i started fertility meds and then ivf and then delivery . Now baby is 20 months approx and i am at 190lbs , my heaviest ever. I tried all those things again but didnt help much. even IF tried a couple of times earlier but could not sustain . This re try so far is the max i have continued to stay the course and expect to continue . I will not be doing OMAD for ever but for next couple of months to kick start the weight loss. I was surprised that I could do it for a month , knowing myself I am more worried about not being able to eat till the window opens and then get headaches. But this time it was better. I definitely didnt starve myself , cant do it also. I tried to eat mostly 1300-1400cals during two -3 hours window if i broke my fast after 20-21 hrs . i have to improve on the carbs front as well , its quite a lot which slows down my progress . And I was full for most days and didnt feel much hunger. Now i am working on increasing water intake . I want to come down to 135 lbs , my old weight . I am planning to do omad for atleast 3-4 months and then revisit my improvement and then again decide once I am atleast half way through my goal.