Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ka Kha Ga Gha Nga!!! Impressed!!

SinghManisha likes this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Are we entering to real panic phase? 50 cases shot up in a single day. Government is spending 13k on each person who are quarantined(including tests).

Sorry if my post irrelevant to thred

Sunshine04 likes this.
  3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much! I love that you alloted some time for Hindi too,I am struggling in making him speak our native language,though he understands he never speak in our language.
    I showed him the doodles you shared when he was playing Roblox :) He was inspired instantly to leave the Roblox and draw a Texas landscape :) Thanks again for sharing dear!

4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

After I wrote this post, kid started running high fever. Husband had been sick over weekend after visiting with some overseas co-workers. Kids fever ran high and I started calling nurses lines. They were not taking patients, and no testing also. Suggested that it was flu. It was crazy to calm down the fever and stay up several nights- I stay up when kids are running high fever- in the fear that I might sleep and their fever will shoot up. After 3 days fever broke for a day and again came back. I say tele doctor. She put in a note, that the kid should be seen when office opens. Finally, got an appointment and Doctor says- just flu, will go away etc. I feel better.
    The day after, I start running high fever- chills and high fever, etc Finally called doctor and she gave Tamiflu. All are recovering.
    Realized that things can always be worse, got a fast lesson in gratitude!

5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Fever at this point of time is really scary.
    Good u on the road to recovery. Stay safe and take care

Vaikuntha, Rihana and Amulet like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HC, glad to read that all are recovering. It must have been a crazy stressful few days. When the children are not yet old enough to cook and clean by themselves if needed, it gets tougher in such times. Take rest and just "be" even after full recovery. Give the body and mind all the rest they need.

I am taking short breaks from phone and computer for a few hours now and then. My friend is off all digital media from yesterday Friday evening to Monday morning.

I know what you mean by a fast lesson in gratitude. I was at the grocery store for the first time in 10 days. In the long line at cashier check out. A really old looking woman tried to make eye contact with a few people who were just standing, didn't succeed. Finally, she looked at me, and asked about which checkout counter each line was for. She had only one item. : ( I guess she didn't know how to do self check-out. My line was long. I was third or fourth behind people with loaded carts. My accent was off or her hearing not strong - I could not tell her that she can take my spot and I will go to the end of the line. (Which is more right than simply letting her join the line in front of me, and making everybody behind me mad.) She walked away to the self-check out area. I hope someone helped her. I had toilet paper in my cart and could not leave it unguarded. Even though there was more tp in the paper goods aisle, and no one in that aisle at lunch time!

As I stood in the line that went deep into the breakfast foods aisle, another woman, 80+ came by looking for cereal. Damn, I thought to myself. All instacart in my area have no delivery times. Few volunteers who had posted in social media that they will help seniors have fizzled out. I don't know if the older people know about special shopping hours for them.

Ok.. done rambling.

Vaikuntha and Amulet like this.
  7. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

The pace is no longer what I want from the supermarket. The routine is to adjust to whatever is found in the supermarket. No coriander, then basil, no eggs, then meat, no parmesan, then grated cocunut, no celery, then shallots.

In a desi-videsi hotch-potch, cooked meatballs in Italian-styled, Indian-themed gravy with whatever is available.

upload_2020-3-29_16-58-18.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Glad it was just the flu. Stay well, HC!

Now is a good time to be a hermit crab. :)

Vaikuntha, Amulet and Rihana like this.
  9. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

good to know that you all are recovering ..its indeed scary during these times.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Reading Rihana's Ramble I thought about growing old in America, when it is not all that old people friendly. Nobody makes eye-contact with old people, and those who do, talk in accents.:weary::weary:
    Just yesterday we were recalling Ray Barone (Amreeki TV sitcom “Everybody loves Raymond”) saying “....there’s meat... and then there’s balling....”..when wondering what could be the recipe for meat balls.
    Be Careful.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020