1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Tried Online For Groceries And Veggies Shopping? Suggestions Please.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"like the plague" will soon be "like the COVID." : )

KashmirFlower, Amica and MalStrom like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I have had the same kind of experience with most chinese every where.
    They don't care about others.
    Seen some in national parks. They won't wait for taking photos when literally people are standing in queue.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I doubt such behavior is limited to Chinese or any group of people. I saw in the Indian store one person had a cart filled with stuff. He needed another cart. He parked the first full cart near the checkout blocking one aisle. I come with my cart, the cashier tells me to go back and come through another aisle! Go back in a store filled with people and their carts and kids?? I stood my ground. The man smilingly asks me, "Should I move the cart?" I bit my tongue and did not say, "That would be a kindness" and just said "Please."

And the person in front of me, already buying at least 35-40 items, keeps going back and getting more items and the checkout person happily pauses the checkout to tell him where to find what stuff.. meanwhile the line grows longer behind me in an already cramped Indian store.

Photos - you should see Indian parents at our schools taking pictures after an event and the child is on stage - taking photo after photo after photo even as other parents are waiting to take solo pictures of their child against the backdrop on stage!

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I’m talking about after Covid 19. People are still not following proper social distancing.

5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Yes not much awareness...still some people comes in group

KashmirFlower and shravs3 like this.
  6. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

I dont know about USA but have been doing online shopping for groceries and vegetables in England. I have been getting the ordered item and they are all good. Before they come I get a text message to let me know that they are on their way. We are self isolating so they leave the shopping at the door and we bring it in once they leave our drive way. Also they let us know which items are not in stock and we make sure to tick that we dont want any substitutes. So far it has been good. Like you I did not stock up so bit low on indian dhals and spices.

gknew likes this.