1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday afternoon fever

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 13, 2009.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

The movie was a memorable one.If I remember right I saw the movie around 40 years back.The title of the movie became a subject of discussion.Another movie which creeped into conversation was Seven year itch which I saw sometimes in the sixties.I am trying to see some of the movies in Amazon Prime but cant get them and my grand daughter makes fun of me.Regards
    SLN

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

He had flops also but Saturday night fever over shadowed his failures.
    We write when we feel like doing so and pen our thoughts on the subject.But there are some articles which we enjoyed while writing.SAF is one of these, written after going through pangs after Mythili took up a job.My gloated self esteem did not permit me to ask her to leave the job.Women have seventh sense which directed her to leave the job on her own much to my relief and celebration with chilled Beer.
    Regards SLN

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Chilled beer!
    If you go to a bar and ask for cold beer, they look at you with disgust. If you order for chilled beer, they take your order with respectful delight. Chilled beer is a status symbol.

sln likes this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Sorry for the digression.The best way to enjoy is to have chilled Arlem Beer[Goa special with a distinct combination of Hops] sitting on the cement bench facing the Mandovi river to the accompaniment of konkani music with their characteristic steps.Great Memories]
    Regards.SLN