1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anubhav & anubhuti

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gitasharma, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear @gitasharma,

So very sorry for this late response. I just saw not one but two posts that you addressed to me. Thank you.

Lovely responses from you and you have expressed so well about the feeling of loss..the loss of a certain feel and certain moment in life. Yes, they are irretrievable. I can only empathize too well with you. There are many such poignant moments and memories in my life. Being away from my place where I grew up with many lovely experiences and mirth filled moments, I yearn for them. On my visits back home, I search for the same emotions which are still tingling within me. But alas, time has done its tricks. Same place, same people, but not same feelings. The Anubhuthi is all mine only. To cherish and remember and...miss!

As for the Jagjit Singh's Kagaz ki Kashti.......oh, a beautiful song. Always leaves me teary eyed. See, 'most' NRIs like me connect to this song dearly. This and Pankaj Udhas's Chitti aayi hain are written for us NRIs who suffer the pangs of love for their homeland! :) I hope you get to read my response sooner than I read your's!!

L, Kamla

2. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

hai kamla
    It is perfectly ok. I too have been busy of late and not reading or writing even this there was a msg in my mail and I checked
    i have lived here almost all my life /10 yrs in Manhattan/10 yrs in A.bad.
    be it india /us /europe nothing iis static.
    change is the only certain thing.
    well will catch up later.
    love gita

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is splendid. Anubhav vs Anubhuti.

Made me nostalgic indeed. I remember vividly the man who sold me சேனை chips in 1956 at school foyer than the desserts I enjoyed in five stars.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I was trying to ponder upon the words Anubhav and Anubhuti and in a larger sense both are the same- a product of some real life experience. In general terms we can say anubhav is what we get when we grow and age. It may be a mix of both bad and good.
    Anubhuti is basically a different experience and mostly it is good. Any experience that leaves a good feeling is anubhuti. Whereas a bad experience makes us cautious in future, a good experience lingers for long and we look forward to experience again.
    In our day to day life we seldom meet people who leave a lasting impression on us. This is Anubhuti.
    In days of Coronavirus, there will be lot experiences mostly bad. Yet there will be some compassionate souls who will give their everything for the needy and god forbid if that needy is me or you, it will be a great Anubhuti.
    This is what I feel about it. Anubhuti can also be like seeing god in every human.