Resolutions For Post-coronavirus Times

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Mar 25, 2020.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

As a Californian I just hope and pray to get through this crisis. I do not have the strength to see another tragedy.I just cant seem to think beyond day to day survival.If we can get through this I will be grateful to God forever.

Amica, Mehana, Hosanna and 5 others like this.
  2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

The moments I don't cherish I miss them when they are gone. A basic routine life that I feel bore with many times is sometimes the biggest thing to achieve. I decide will never say I am getting bored of my life and will cherish each moment that I spend with my loved ones.

Amica, Rihana and gknew like this.
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I have found that I hate work from home. I will never take my office space for granted.

Amica and Rihana like this.
  4. mindwar

mindwar Bronze IL'ite

I am a person who tends to think world has too many people and prefer to go places with very less crowd.

After this crisis, I am going to make a habit of making eye contact and smile at people a lot more.

Amica and Rihana like this.
  5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

since the birth of the baby this is truly the first time i have taken care of her day in and day out for this long a duration except the first two months . now i value the day care staff like never before and realize how difficult it is for them to look after many babies at the same time .and will step up in gifting them generously as much as i can whenever i can.

Amica, SunPa and Rihana like this.
  6. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

Drink warm water every 20 minutes then more soup and eat healthier food.

anika987 likes this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Have learnt to value my neighbors n friends more than before, vowed to put more effort towards ‘people’ and take time to send a hi, hello to friends that would generally be neglected during my regular day to day schedule.

An introvert by nature, this pandemic made me realise that I should put in extra efforts to value my people and can have more good people around me if I put a bit more effort.

Feel thankful and grateful to be together with own family, being alive, to be safe, to have food and everything we need at the comfort of our home.

Many things that were taken for granted, as simple as a lunch out, seems so precious now.

Will value life more and appreciate even the simple things.

Rihana, Amica and SunPa like this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I'm making a list of businesses we patronize and noting down how they are behaving toward customers/clients and employees during this crisis. It will inform my spending habits in the future.

To be fair, this isn't new. Hobby Lobby has consistently been on the never-getting-a-red-cent-from-me list.

We have always tried to buy goods made in America, but I'm gonna double down on this policy till our economy is back on its feet.

Rihana likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

If I can be brutally honest..

I am Happy that my husband is sleeping in time, am able to spend more time
    With him and my child..I am feeling very secure and not lonely.with whatever supplies am having,cooking fresh food for hubby and kid is giving me happiness.We are watching movies together,reading stories,games and spending time together as a family!!! Nothing more is needed for me.I feel complete after a long time.

I am so glad that I don’t have to meet some people and getogethers which I have to attend.

I thought I will miss the gym but there are so many ways to stay fit at home.Many YouTube fitness videos,My yoga routine,Zumba..I am doing it.

I don’t need to get up early and sleep a little bit late.I don’t need to drive to activities and blissfully doing the online classes.

My only worry is getting back to the real world:( I don’t want to go back meeting all those people I don’t like but well..happy to meet some who I like.

Yes,times are tough and not easy for most and I want this to end and people get on with their regular lives but for me I understood my family gives me most security and happiness..

Will value my family more than ever.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Rihana, NOW and Amulet like this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I won’t take any freedom for granted...like walking to store and buying groceries , personal care products or clothes...
    I will make myself physically and mentally strong to handle chores without maid..since maids and helpers will be unavailable for a long time due to this pandemic...and due to hygiene concerns and possibility of maids being carriers of covid19 it maybe a long time before they start working again...
    I will not take my health for granted, will be up to date on medical tests and checkup’s...in such times no doctors are available in OPDs...
    Won’t waste excess money on clothes..being in home lockdown the only clothes used are inner wears and T-shirt and pajamas...
    I’ll make sure I’m adequately stocked with essentials without hoarding...including medications..

Rihana and anika987 like this.