5 Things Corona Virus Nightmare Taught You

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by senorita2019, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

1) It is possible to demolish a three-week supply of snacks in one week.

2) People are d1¢k$. Between the hoarders, price gougers and fraudsters, I'm pretty sure we're the scourge.

3) Introverts and people with OCD are the ones best prepared to survive this. The rest of us may kill each other.

4) Our ancestors knew what they were doing. We have all returned to our grandparents' hygiene rules.

5) 20 seconds is a really really long time.

SunPa, shravs3, KashmirFlower and 6 others like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Isn't it? :)

Amica likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Corona taught me that even people old enough to have a mid-life crisis, drive a car, shave their legs or face need to be reminded about washing hands.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Trevor Noah -- Desi Lydec conversation is so hilarious:

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

In our Indian traditions..those days we were asked to remove sandals outside home,wash hands and legs once entering home,eat a particular kind of diet,wash the mouth and gargle after every mean and so many many other rich traditions...which we forgot:(

There was a reason why we said Namaste.Now that’s the best way of welcoming too..:)

Now..time is teaching us to remember and follow the forgotten.

sindmani, shravs3 and gknew like this.
  6. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

- how to protect ur family and how much they’re important to you in your life.
    - seeing death from close and maintaining distance/isolation of how u don’t want to die.
    - feeling blessed for the shelter, food and basic necessities that u have.
    - missing the daily routine of everyone going back to their business to get that little time for urself.
    - to utilize the time in best way and value each and every day as it comes
    - as much as I love my toddlers having them 24/7 Adds up with extra chores, mess, dealing w tantrums, takes up all the energy eod to recharge and get ready for the next day.
    - having to cook more than required and worrying about how to plan ur groceries for the coming days.
    - Adjust to what you have and cannot have at this time.
    - shown the importance of being alive and healthy.
    wish everyone stay safe and healthy. The only thing u can help urself and others is By self isolation.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  7. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

1. Appreciate small joys in life - a freshly brewed coffee with him without the morning rush
    2. Contentment is actually possible - Be happy with what you have and how much you have
    3. Jobs - dont take work too seriously , you never know when they are gonna end your project and for what reason. Just do your best.
    4. Inspiration comes from just anywhere - When in a problem we usually feel the entire onus is on us - but look around, there's always someone who has bigger problems than us and yet are getting on with life without complaints
    5. As much as we feel we are in control and take pride in sending people to MARS and moon, COVID showed how easy it is for nature to take that control back and show who is the boss ! Respect the nature and it nurtures us in return.

Yumna and SunPa like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

So true :roflmao:

1. I should have gone to salon on time for waxing and threading.
    2. All my diet going for toss.
    3. Why dint I book my tickets to India way earlier ??? :BangHead:
    4. Even the call from most annoying people seems interesting.
    5. Opening twitter more often to see what’s trending, next city which is going to be lock down

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2020
    Amica likes this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Perspectives
    To me it definitely is. I convince myself that since I am quite fast, 15s is equivalent to 20s .

To my OCD husband who takes 2 mins to typically wash his hand in the pre-corona days, it is way too little. He wants to know how can one possibly wash hands in less than a min?

Daughter says she has been prepping for this all her life.

5 Things Corona Virus Nightmare Taught Me -

1. that nothing is certain in life. Never say Never (the irony :))

2. that all the excuses I make about not having time to do some long pending chores are just that - excuses. Now I have the time but ...

3. that for someone who buys groceries every 2 weeks cos i dont like to stock, I would be so paranoid about stocking stuff. Malaysia went on lock down, I was at the markets at 6 am to buy vegetables for 2 weeks. India on lock down, I went this morning to stock up on my Indian groceries for 6 weeks. Some adrenaline rush that

4. that staying at home burns a lot more calories going by the food/snacks I am consuming. :-D

5. Most importantly , that perspectives matter. Now my other smaller fears pale at the uncertainty these days have bought on.

Amica, kkrish and Rihana like this.
  10. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

When I say that my life in the rural is unchanged, people's reactions are either "this is life!" or "is this life?"

Yumna likes this.