Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Good that you gave leave to maid. Great that there are no empty shelves. But malls and cinemas are close.

Wait and watch for parents travel. May be things will get better. If you can get money back, it will be better though to cancel. Better safe than sorry.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. Vaikuntha

Spend time with parents at home. Don't think of going anywhere.

It is hard for young families with working parents now, most schools and daycares are closed. But I heard, some daycare was offering care for half-price!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Vaikuntha

That much of dal?! that is too much, what are they going to do with it. Bread etc is prepared food, it is different, where as one cup of toor dal can feed entire family for a meal, in addition to rice, ofcourse.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Vaikuntha

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Vaikuntha

This is a very detailed list of precautions and pluses. I will pass some of the list items to my family in India.
    God bless your daughter for taking care of you both during this time.

The pollution has indeed gone down. There was satellite images of Italy and in general the thermal imaging is showing reduced pollution.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

yes. its been reported.

7. Vaikuntha

I had thought that schools and offices are closed everywhere. Good to know, it is not the norm. Singapore government is known to be very diligent about health and cleanliness etc, hopefully they are doing the needful.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I hazard a guess as a I see half glass filled.
    Here you are giving evidence for reduction in pollution of earth atmosphere but would it seal the hole in ozone layer corresponding to Australia.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless the Mother Earth.

9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Latest news is they are closing super market in my city . Govt is going back and forth in this decision and not sure what was their latest call. I am not in a position to go n pick up groceries. Texted my husband.. He said u r saying it too soon and he's coming back very late in the night.
    Well I wasn't aware they'll shut the super markets . Haven't stocked much.
    Gonna use whatever is available and then rely on mommy n aunty who stay within a km radius. My dad said they stocked good amount of groceries.

I'm praying for all this to end.
    I'm going paranoid seeing small small things around me.
    When I was walking in the park yesterday I saw a lady spitting on the road. I went mad. But she was a few feet away from me. I didn't say anything. I was regretting not telling her, Then a person behind me blows his nose. :sweat: I was a few metres ahead of him still I got annoyed and turned back n looked at him. He said I'm sorry!!
    While getting back home, just opposite to my home there was a bus standing. The driver just stepped out and spat on the road just when I was close to him . Literally few inches away from my feet. Now I just went mad here. Yelled at him like anything. Asked him is he brainless or what ,diseases are spreading like anything and he's spitting on the raod. Didn't even spend like a minute there. :rage::rage: the other people on the street started educating him ,I left the place as soon as I can!

Chose my terrace to do my walking today !

I feel problem in India is as much as we are bombarded with so much information(over load of messages and news) , the less privileged are totally clueless what's happening around :flushed:
    My maid has no clue why I have asked her not to come. I did my bit of educating her. No she's not got the gist of the virus spreading. The people who spat on the roads were labour class and they don't seem to understand the intensity of things happening .

Tamrakshar likes this.
  10. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Good thing about being minimalist and low maintenance.

We dont use toilet paper and drink regular tap water.
    We dont really use hand sanitizer, just regular soap to wash hands thoroughly.
    I always have 2 weeks worth of grocery and meat. One month worth of provision (rice, dal etc). Only fruits I buy each week.

I am in IT and WFH is normal and my teen kid has remote learning facility in his school district. We both go for walk in the evening. For us its not bad. Enjoying the staycation

But outside world, People are behaving so crazy and creating a fake apocalypse.
    If we are socially distancing and self-quarantining the government will mitigate the situation and bring it back to normal.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020