Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Thanks for the real life situation over there in Singapore. Post gives kind of relief thanks to your government.
    Regards.
    God Bless us all.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The greatest relief is this corona virus not affected Indus ladies.

In Chennai and it’s borders - Places deserted movements travel gatherings tending to stop . Cinemas malls even certain hotels remain closed. Vegetables in COIMBATORE and at other harvested places stuck and rates suffered steep fall.

2. For want or logistics, things might go scarce and dearer. My daughter stocked up for us , one month groceries vadams pappads edible oil sugar and essential medicines .

3. She had drawn up Lakshman Rekha that we should not step out of home. Our domestic helps were lectured and precautions to be taken indoors and outdoors and in their & our homes.

4. Water can supplier be told to follow on similar lines before delivering cans at every residence. Before replacing the empty on top of emptied bottom container, he washes hands with sanitizer.

5. We have instructed them that they shouldn’t touch their face nose nostrils unnecessarily.

6. I have sounded my son in Mumbai to take precautions on similar lines. Yet we are worried on account of him with the current news that of all states, the figures of suspects daily reported in Maharashtra tops the list.

7. Since a week, Spouse & I both 70 + consuming in small quantities two to three times 3 to 4 black peppers with little jaggery supposed to facilitate equipping body with enhanced immunity from cold and cough ( both productive & dry).

8. Vegetables from vendors at doorstep carefully handled for storage & usage and amount deposited being adjusted against future buys. This to avoid touching contact with currencies & coins with vendor. We stopped the newspaper to avoid contacting virus.

9. My son in law works from home. He showed me the message his foreign principal from Canada ordering to carry on work from home till further orders. A great relief to my sambandis & my daughter residing downstairs.

10. Zomoto über eats and one more on line foods - we stopped ordering on line . Their moment also seem to have been curtailed or dwindled as I don’t see them much in the hotel a Dhaba- adjacent our building.

11. The state is likely to march toward a Huge lockout with Ashok leyland & Tata Motors , stopped production of their certain models. I pity the bank staff who cannot be told to work from home.

THERE ARE HUGE POSITIVES.
    1. Pollution reduced all over the world.manufacturing reduced or stopped. Carbon deposits less. Mean global temperature diminishes. Glaciers melting rate reduced. Sea level may not go up. No coastal line advanced.
    2. No major terrorist activities reported since the pandemic announced.
    3. No law & order issues in major towns of Chennai. Thieves are resting. Rapists & stalker’s gone underground.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God - for What Purpose YOU now keep the humanity at edge? Save pregnant women and babies in their womb

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    shravs3, Vaikuntha, SunPa and 5 others like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Today first day of teleworking so yet to know about cabin fever.
    Did regular shopping but went as late as possible.
    It was odd seeing soft drinks stored in Costco where paper towels, bath tissue, used to be.
    They also had butter and cheese instead of meat in the meat section. :)

The first change was my music students came on Skype for music class. One student used this opportunity to quit. ;-). That free time is definitely a routine change.

I cannot stop being in awe at this teensy weensy thingy that we cannot even see, wielding such a huge power over the entire humanity. When will this end, is it seasonal, or will it end at all? So many questions.

Stay safe all.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

We are washing hands like crazy so many times a day. I am not doing cleaning doorknobs, handles and surface cleaning frequently other than the normal cleaning. The stores are rationing 4 gallons of water, 4 toilet paper bundle, 8 paper towel bundles, 2 hand-sanitizing soap, etc. There is a run on water, milk, and bread besides sanitizing materials. Luckily, we drink Fat-Free, Lactose-Free Lactaid milk and hence it is available. Instacart is answering, most items are not available so we have to run to the store as and when the supply is over.

We went to the Indian store last Saturday and we found 500 people inside a small store and none of them were wearing gloves/masks. The Indian grocery owner restricted the time from 12 noon to 7 p.m. and the store is packed during that time. He also indicated that supplies from New Jersey are slowly coming down.

We have switched over the moral education classes online for 50+ children for other groups. I was always taking classes online even before the Coronavirus scare for the children in the age group of 12-17. I work from home always and hence I don't see any difference at work. The Hospice notified that the volunteers can choose not to come for volunteering if they are uncomfortable, leaving the decision to us. However, those who are volunteering in homes and nursing facilities will have to go through a mandated test before volunteering. Care Centers owned by the Hospice, let the volunteers come in at our discretion. However, they may conduct a test for fever or other symptoms from time to time. Patient care or transition volunteers are already well protected. Hand sanitizers, gloves, facemasks, and gowns are available in plenty at the Hospice. Unfortunately, most patients and volunteers are in the bracket of the age group that was advised by CDC to be careful.

5. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

We are in Saudi Arabia and panic is gripping.Schools,colleges and universities are closed.They have closed shopping Malls also except for food stores and pharmacies.We did our routine grocery this weekend but I feel should stock up a little more on some things as i have young kids.Things really getting serious and scary.May God keep all safe and end this testing time soon.
    And yes about washing hands..after playing or doing anything or searching their things when i open my mouth to speak,my daughter understands what i am going to say and she is saying Mama we will wash our hands properly,don't worry.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Report them to the state attorney general’s office. Price gouging is illegal.

7. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

For us, the schools have closed. And husband's office is WFH. I do not work. This means enforced family time. It is getting a bit too much, actually the thought of the next two weeks, is getting too much.

The dishwasher is running non stop. The wear and tear on my four walls (house) has increased tremendously. I am thankful for my 'ashiana' (house/home) protecting us in this time of peril.

Yesterday, I thought of going to local park, for a walk and the kids wanted to come too. I wanted to go alone, just to get some me-time.

Board games and streaming services are coming handy. My choice of super fast internet service, proved to be correct.

As measures of precaution, we are washing hand. Having inside-clothes, outside-clothes- always have this. Showering after coming back from outside. There is hardly any public transit, and our vehicles are extension of home, so a little less worried there. Avoiding any get-togethers, activities, shopping.

Only use my credit card, so no touching money. Get mail, and wash hands. Not ordering anything on Amazon Prime- this will be a good time to buy Amazon stocks.

My stock is limited to detergent, toothpaste, cooking ingredients etc. I am not prepared for emergencies like earthquake etc, only have candles, flashlights. Emergency medicine for children-Tylenol etc.

I don't know how next two weeks, will be.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. Vaikuntha

The joke is funny. I heard a slight variation of this one- Pilot saying that he is working from home over PA.

Getting fresh year can do wonders, I plan to take children for small walks everyday.

9. Vaikuntha

10. Vaikuntha

Ya, why bananas, and fruits? There was no meat in meat section. I am not a meat eater, but still who is going to cook for much of meat. And especially, if someone doesn't cook, will they start cooking now?
    There was no food in frozen sections too.