Which Airlines To Choose

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hosanna, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Why one would want to put OLD parents with chronic conditions through this LONG journey amid the COVID-19? One can always have hired help if needed.

SinghManisha and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

There are more things in heaven and earth, Topazio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    - Hamlet (slightly adapted)
    [a roundabout Shakespearean way of saying "we couldn't possibly know the reason why"]

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I would avoid any Asian and European airlines because of Corona virus. Emirates or Qatar seems better.

If you have Air India option then that’s even better as it will be direct flight to US but you may need to change flights within India if your parents departure is anywhere in south India.

sindmani, Amulet and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

South Indians had been paying extra money to make sure they avoid Delhi and Mumbai points of entry into India or transit out of India. The hassles at those transit points for people bound for (or came from) Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai are many; the extra they pay to fly BA, Lufthansa, malaysian or Singapore airlines is more than worth it.

This is just not a good season for air-travel. Even UAE has cases of Covid-19, and they have closed all their colleges.

Angela123 likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I know many south Indians who took Air India withouy much stress, especially elders. When you dont carry unwanted stuff(gold/ expensive) to India, whichever airport shouldnt't matter much!

Ofcourse UAE has cases but not as much as Europe or other nations in Asia.
    Avoiding airtravel is any day better due to this current scenario.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  6. Hosanna

Hosanna Bronze IL'ite

Thanks everyone for taking time and replying to my question. Booking flight tickets are on hold now. My due date is June end so i still have 3 months of time. I read somewhere that expert says coronovirus will burn out by summer. In that case i will reassess the situation and will work accordingly.

Induslady and lavani like this.
  7. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

good decision. as of now things are very panicky with respect to covid. Any ILs who are in medical field can give more insight. keep travel only when it is absolutely imp

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Hosanna likes this.
  9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

10. Hosanna

Hosanna Bronze IL'ite

When i started this thread last week, the situation was not as serious as today. I am now not worried about my delivery plans but only about our survival here. Today a new case of covid has been confirmed in LA county in the place where i live. Went to costco this evening but no water no disinfectant wipes. Things are getting scary and im so worried to send my son to school. Hopefully this virus comes to an end soon. I am very sure i am not going to bring my parents here atleast for next 2.5 months.

shravs3 and lavani like this.