1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Control Your Anger?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Yes Anica, your grievances maybe genuine. Relatives are always like this. I am sure everyone has a story to tell in this regard.

anika987 likes this.
  2. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Anika, "you are too sensitive", " you can't take even a joke" is the comments mostly used by bullies to gaslight their victims. Yes,you are right about soft spoken persons being the target. Even in IL I saw some examples. While being soft and too polite is a good trait,but in todays age and world you need to step up sometimes for yourself. There was an old member here with username ' guess who'. I remember reading her threads about being assertive,how to handle unnecessary comments from bullies etc. Check on that. Everyone has a limit and you just reacted when your limit had come.

3. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

The reason elders advise on controlling anger is that when one is angry, they are more likely to blurt out lines that could hurt others very bad. Even a moment of anger is not good. I got very angry 5 yrs back for something my father said, actually it hurt me, though it was nothing bad, I got angry and jealous and rage overtook my thinking. I put a comment on facebook in response to his comment which was totally unnecessary. I removed it later, but ever since I posted it, I have regretted it. Lashing out isn't bad, but you should be careful not to say words that you cannot take back and that you will regret later. Just be careful. It is like using a weapon, if you use it carefully, it will come in handy, otherwise it can work against you.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

NO. This is not blown out of proportion. I do not think so. If I were to face that comment, I would definitely be insulted. if the child has constipation, they should take the child to a good doctor. Insulting anika is not an option. Like anika mentioned would they do this to their DIL? They would think twice before they say something like this. FOr them Anika is an easy target to bully, because they will see her only at events (I am guessing) and then they don't have to face any consequences, in this case they are sure Anika is submissive and respectful to them so they are taking advantage. Everyone's level of happiness is different, when someone is feeling insulted, to their state of mind, others should refrain from insulting again. The threshold is different for everyone, @Tamrakshar you might be able to take it in a less offensive way, but I will not be able to tolerate.

5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Vaikuntha, deepthyanoop and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks sunshine..
    It is sick people use this form
    Of manipulation..

EightKittens and deepthyanoop like this.
  7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

What OP faced is clear case of bullying by the relatives.
    Sorry but the example quoted doesn't justify the harm one is doing by bullying.
    In above case Sachin's superstitious act doesn't harm or demean anyone. It doesn't put anyone down.
    The example is irrelevant and I'll be very honest here. :flushed:
    If the baby can't poop it's the baby's problem and the problem of the parents who made the baby constipate. It's neither funny nor a light hearted banter to say such a statement. I pity their (those who said those statements) sense of humour .

8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Wow!

Isnt this the Anika we were all wanting to see!. Well done Anika!... what a flip! hopefully your future posts will be in these lines too ergo we are eager to see the fighter in you!. Keep going!

9. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Anika dear just let it go and don't care what they are going to say. It's your right and you don't need to feel sorry for what you did.

anika987 likes this.
  10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Superstitious about pooping ? That’s a new low !
    A poop for a poop will leave everyone dirty !
    @anika987 you are hanging out with the wrong crowd .