1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Common For Neha[15],lavanya[30] ,geetha [50] Sarathy[55]]and Dr.shrikant [75]

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Feb 27, 2020.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Marketing men never get bored as uncertainities throw challenges and keep them on their toes.My secretary of 7 years, today, is a faculty in many training courses as he had to get my articles on management subjects ready.He managed to get a diploma in marketing.What impressed me was his inquisitive nature to understand concepts.
    I am a prisoner of routine and it is convenient for me and my daughter who takes care of me.I have kept a slot between 4 and 6 pm where I change my interest from you tube,Netflix,and social media etc to have variety.Ultimately boredom or otherwise is in our hands.Regards SLN

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

That was lovely to hear. And yes, its common to hear everyone use the word 'bored' so easily these days. The list of activities you mentioned to be kept in mind according to their situations. Nice read. Thanks

kkrish likes this.
  3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for endorsing some of the activities to keep the boredom at bay. I observe some listlessness with youngsters leaving little energy for interacting with others-another cause for boredom.
    SLN

joylokhi likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@sln
    An in-depth analysis of cause and cure well thought out and put across in a post that will appeal to all ages including mine. I enjoyed reading it sir. Points are well taken.

Bore- One’s pervasive lack of interest and difficulty concentrating on the current activity leads to bore - defined by psychologists.

The ages that you stated with that common denominator “bore” made me pensive. Just thought what I was and who was or were instrumental the way I passed those milestones !

@15 I had no time to get bored as my hands were full. It is too many irons in the fire.
    • It is adolescent and all wakeful hours nicely planned for me by parents that I kept learning even by observation and doing always something productive this or that. I was put in Hindi class at a young age and there I made lot of friends. Neither the class nor the teacher nor the class mates of my. Women and boys and girls. No scope to get bored at all.
    • They - parents- made me acquire and Learn a variety of skills that includes typing English & tamil, Pitman short-hand, employed in exhibitions’ stalls, playing cricket in island grounds & marina beach Chepauk, learning Sahasranama in temple group in the dusk part of evening, and so on.
    • I never felt bored at any point of time during my schooling and graduation. My parents made me impart coaching to young ones, book binding service and cooking too. Mom & sis taught stringing flowers. Studying in CO education college added to flavour of learning.

@30 It was jolly good time with my technical engineering job with machines and men that was always close to my heart. Followed by marriage, which made me a responsible complete man thanks to parents parents in law and spouse.
    • Busy with more interesting activities and had no time to think of “ bore”. I had friends many of them good thinkers and it’s always gainfully engaged in conversations with them.
    • Reading best sellers and listening to all kinds of music became a great passion which continued till today. No time to feel “ bore”.

@50 very comfortable, able to construct and own a house where Friend circle enlarged and absolutely no time to get bored with activities mostly out door including investments in stocks and mutual fund and reading related literature filled my entire wakeful hours.
    • Attempted to contribute to magazines English & Tamil - kept me engaged in district libraries as there google Was yet to born.

@75+ a happy person trying not to “bore” others and do only share ‘technology transfer‘ to others as how to remain un-bored.
    • I hazard a guess that laziness contributes in a greater measure to the kingdom of boredom or ennui.

It is said, astute, crafty men & very busy men are seldom get into that bore mood.

God - in His abode never gets bored despite consort away or @ close proximity!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    kkrish likes this.
  5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

• They - parents- made me acquire and Learn a variety of skills that includes typing English & tamil, Pitman short-hand, employed in exhibitions’ stalls, playing cricket in island grounds & marina beach Chepauk, learning Sahasranama in temple group in the dusk part of evening, and so on.
    • My parents made me impart coaching to young ones, book binding service and cooking too. Mom & sis taught stringing flowers. Studying in CO education college added to flavour of learning.

• . I had friends many of them good thinkers and it’s always gainfully engaged in conversations with them.
    • Reading best sellers and listening to all kinds of music became a great passion which continued till today. No time to feel “ bore”.

Friend circle enlarged and absolutely no time to get bored with activities mostly out door including investments in stocks and mutual fund and reading related literature filled my entire wakeful hours.
    • Attempted to contribute to magazines English & Tamil - kept me engaged in district libraries as there google Was yet to born.
    Dear Thyagarajan
    The secret is out.A strong foundation was laid by your parents and you wisely built an edifice making sure that there is no scope for getting bored.Your narrative vindicates the formula that getting bored or otherwise is in your hands.Thanks.SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear sln Sir,

Often when my kids were younger I would make sure they got bored every now and then. I am a mom who did not send them to any summer camps - I get off summers and I was glad to be home with them. As a teacher I give my students 10 minutes of quiet time twice a day every day so that they learn what it means to be quiet inside out. By quiet time, I mean doing nothing sitting quietly. It is not easy.

As I watch my own children grow and watch other adults around me, I feel one of the important skills to have is be able to do something physically, however small it is - something that doesn't involve as much thinking as just doing, like you have mentioned may be gardening. Take gardening for example, with ground appearing white outside window with all bare branches, I can barely think of stepping out. But I have a bunch of plants in the house and I have to tend to them. It is in a way a job I create for myself in the harsh winter months and I love it.

Not that life has to be difficult for us to feel constantly engaged, with living getting so easy, we have to focus more on exposing and allowing youngsters to explore and find an activity or two they could turn to when they face this boredom. I am learning that just taking that step to get up and do something can help feel better. We have to be in tune with who we are - we are losing that touch as we are bombarded with information that we may want or not.

This snippet made a good read. Thanks to @kkrish nominating I read the post right away. Thank you.

kkrish and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rama,
    It is something great that you are giving a short break to children just to do nothing. When you are alone but still feel you are in a crowd it is agitation.But if you are in a crowd but still feel alone it is bliss.Taking up a creative activity without mental strain will add to your composure and happiness.Glad that you found the snippet engaging.
    Regards.SLN