1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

You tagged a wrong person Anus (I didn't want to tag again) .
    Now in my college My friends called me Anu. Then one friend used to call me "Anoos" but once he took my eraser, pen etc and wrote Anus and I was mad at him. :rage::rage:
    I'm not against the user Anus. But renaming to Anoos would be a better option.
    Happy to be back. :cheer: and doing fine and hope the same with you.

Vaikuntha and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Okay I'll remember this and adopt it next time.

But tell me one thing, I need help with Spanish and took help from Google.
    This is what it says
    print two for espanyol ..
    For
    imprima dos para espanyol..

Oh wait I realised you meant "talk something which makes no sense to them "

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

hahaha... your adaptation is good...

The phone company recording in India says "press 1 for English, 2 for Kannada, 3 for Hindi.." . In the USA we are asked to "press 2 for Spanish" in most recordings.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Oh theres a user named Anus?.. hasn't anyone ( mods etc) suggested a correction of user name to avoid any unwanted humiliation..
    It reads 'Anus was last seen at ....'...

Sorry I am not rude but feeling cringe for her. Help that girl!

edit: I pmed her on that.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Transliterations of words from one language to another can occasionally result in such cringy feelings. There are plenty of examples of such words. Malliga would mean something quite different to a Samoan compared to what it would to a south indian. Uma is a horse in Japanese, and the indefinite article "an" in Portuguese. It is just the way it is. Put a couple of syllables together, and it is bound to mean something to someone in a language.

We can just ignore it, and treat it in a clinical manner...just another body part that everyone has got.

6. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    Please give me your opinion here.
    I am a simple not so genius person. I hv not worked before...very little work from home experience. My DH has been fairly successful so far.
    There is always an argument when it comes to my job. He wants to me to do a job in a big company and earn well.
    I want to start working with whatever offer I have and learn my way up and pay for my own courses.
    I am not confident to face corporate and he believes I can.
    Feeling frustrated as I am losing opportunities and peace of mind.

7. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

I have applied for fresher level jobs recently. Here are 2 of my most recent applications.
    1. Job as HR intern in a local company.
    2. Recruiter job.
    3. Counselor in a educational institution.
    I attended one interview without his knowledge and got the offer. The other 3 listed here are in review.
    Regarding my resume...do you want me to post it here?

Vaikuntha likes this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

So you have had one job offer to reject so far. Which job is that ? Intern, Recruiter or Counselor?
    Is your dH employed in a BIG company with high salary ? The offer you had rejected had a salary of 30% of his salary? Higher ? what % of his salary? Your resume will show us your education/training/licensure, and your location (town/city/languages), and how many with your background are unemployed.

9. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

He is employed in a reputed firm and my starting salary range is 20% of what he makes. My point is that I need to start somewhere to go to his level or atleast mid level. He doesnt want to hear my argument. Also its not about this time that i rejected an offer. I have always been told to not to take up any offer that came my way. Be it a play school teacher in the past or a bank admin or my job as a recruiter currently.

Amulet likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You are still in Edit time. You must not show your name and phone number on anonymous forums. Delete your pdf attachment.

It has been some years since your college graduation. It appears that you are being told by husband not to take jobs at a low pay, because he does not want you to work outside the home. He knows that you cannot get a higher level job, and that is why he insists that you must get a higher level job or not work at all. He may fear that your contributions to the home (& children?) might suffer if you were to spend much of the day outside the home.

You have to solve the problem of his acceptance of WHY you want to spend some time everyday outside the home where you meet other adults, and interact with them. One way to demonstrate that is to take a 6 to 8 hour voluntary job (no pay) outside the house, and try to achieve all of the home related responsibilities at the same time. And see how that goes.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Vaikuntha and soumya2552 like this.