1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Control Your Anger?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Feb 27, 2020.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

You are awesome! You dont have to control anything. It's your family that needs to control their tongue. If they cant or dont, you dont be afraid to show anger.

According to some small-minded people who don't belive in respecting human. You need to stand up and put them in place. So be it, if you spoil the relationship. It's not a relationship, that matters if there is no respect there.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Theres no point in questioning the post's legitimacy or most other things.. Boudica.
    We just add in advice if we can thats all.

SinghManisha and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

At last you did the right thing.
    Well done @anika987 :clap2:.
    Stay stern. Stay away from these people.
    Which side are these relationships?
    Urs or husband's

EightKittens and anika987 like this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

nope. DONT FEEL GUILTY
    who talks about poop in a function.??
    SHAMELESS

EightKittens and anika987 like this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The venue matters.
    If it is the OP's home, she should tell the poop-comment family to get out, and stay out. For ever.
    If it is their grounds, she should leave, consider them dead-to-her forever, and not have anything to do with them anymore. No funerals no weddings, nothing.
    If it is a neutral venue, what she had done is alright. People want to become strangers to those they abuse; they are merely offering hints.

sandhya2020, AmulB, shravs3 and 5 others like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe becoz am soft spoken which is my personality..many times even in our IL,there are some people who can be blunt in this forum but I try not To burst out.Naturally,it is tough for people like me to talk back in real life which I accept.people say to stand up but It is so difficult.Today I had my moment with my relatives..

After my dad died,we got some help from relatives and that made them dominate us..my mom is even more soft spoken than me..we were dependent and made to feel obligated.

Honestly,in Today’s world it is tough being soft and it is not that easy for people like me to talk back..the bullies reply will be even worse.No five fingers can be the same and there are zillions like me.bullies get attracted to soft targets.Why is there so many anti bullying campaign going on if everyone should be bold and stand up for themselves?If only it was that easy..it’s not.

if everyone stands up in real life,half the problems be it politics,schools,colleges,suicides will not exist.

We try.

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My side..

Husband side except for my in-laws,rest are okay.

8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Got it. Now that you refuse to be the victim; the bully-flocking towards you will hopefully reduce and slowly attract the positive bunch. All the best:thumbsup:

SinghManisha likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

hopefully they stop.

deepthyanoop likes this.
  10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Those comments are nasty and insulting.
    No matter how much they helped you after your dad's death there is no reason for you to take such disgusting comments from them.

Nobody dares messing around with me, I talk back like they can never imagine. Sometimes sarcastic, sometimes funny ,sometimes rude and yes sometimes hurtful replies too. Your anger is Justified totally. Anger or any emotion it should send a strong message to them "dare come back and talk sh*t like that with me next time ".

And Anika maintain your standard ya, no need to come face to face with such relatives. First of all avoid attending such functions where such sh**ty relatives are present. If you have attended and couldn't avoid make sure you maintain good amount of distance from them . I would not even meet n greet them even for formality ,let alone wasting my energy on them.