100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I found the book review meetings conducted by the Hospice quiet exciting. It gives a congregation of spiritually motivated people from all faiths to get together and discuss the spiritual books at length. Last one I attended was by Dr Wayne Dyer about Tao's teachings. Tomorrow, they are having another series of meetings to review "Anam Cara" - By John O'Donohue. This book is about Celtic wisdom/Celtic spirituality. In the Celtic tradition, soul friend ("Anam Cara') is considered very essential for spiritual development.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The permanently morose teenager needed a family picture for a school assignment, so the said teenager gathered everyone, found an appropriate background, and actually smiled for the group selfie.

The teacher who assigned this project is getting a big gift card and thank you note from me when the school year ends. :lol:

3. Viswamitra

What a wonderful experience to have exchange of thoughts today in book review meeting at the Hospice about "Anam Cara", a book about Celtic wisdom written by John O'Donahue. The author is an Irish poet and philosopher who has poured all his wisdom into this book. Most importantly, we had 30 people from various religion, all in one room connected well, discussing the quotes from the book. This meeting is every month for the next six months and there will be a weekly email from the organizer giving slow dose of the content of the book. I couldn't ask for more.

4. Viswamitra

I was asked to teach about "Time" to 50 children from the age of 4 to 16. The content I taught included the spiritual principle behind time, a quote on time, two minute meditation about time, a video about how not to waste time, an English bhajan, key ways one could manage time efficiently, life application and a crossword puzzle on time. The way present day children interact in the class is amazing to watch. Even though I teach regularly for the children at the age group of 12 and above, this combined class of all the children motivated me to do it again every 3 months.

5. Viswamitra

We had a great class yesterday on social media habits and addictions with the children in the age group of 15-17. They all acknowledged that they have smartphones and do use it to access social media. I have explained to them how much the use of smartphones and frequency of use of social media has increased from 2012 to 2018 among the teens. We have reviewed two videos one about the risks of social media and another about how to overcome the addiction to social media. I have specifically covered the risk of texting while driving. Finally, I have shared a log that they should register about how much each social medial platform they use everyday to be conscious about how they cut down the use of such platforms over a week. I told them to keep that record only for their own use.

6. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

It was sendoff for 12 std students at my college. One student from commerce stream gave a gift to every teacher. I was very emotional n overwhelmed by this as i never got a gift from student generally a bunch of students give gift to college but such personal gift was really precious

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The great +ve (almost) for me is the quote posted by @EnlightenedSoul .
    It is great feel to brood about quotes appropriateness vis a vis one’s circumstances and propensity or even the mood.
    2. It is good to remain focused on one’s dream. But that depends on what the of dream. Many times one remembers only part or parts of the dream.
    3. The dream of quote is not necessarily the one gets in sleep but a conviction of sort to attain a specific goal.
    God Almighty - thank you that you had created humans to have vicarious living through dreams in sleep. Not in reveries.

Gauri03 and Anusha2917 like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

After a "not so good score in my exams " I'm back here to get refreshed. Off course I'm going back to get my dream score in an other attempt. 3 months from now, I'm back to my second attempt.

Lot of positives in these 3 months.
    * Got handover of our apartment in the end of November.
    * We did grihapravesha immediately.
    * Started our house interiors and work is almost in the finishing stage.
    * Few more weeks, I can't wait to move into the new home and start preparations for my second attempt .
    * Lot of catch up with new friends happened.

Missed IL.
    Hope to catch up on some important missed conversation!!

Gauri03, shravs3, Amulet and 3 others like this.
  9. Viswamitra

The time management classes for all the groups of students had a powerful impact on their minds. Some of the tiny tods are now insisting on not watching TV while eating telling the parents to provide a clean family time while at the dinner table. They are prompt to get ready to go to school. They maintain a to-do list and a calendar for their day to day work. Some senior students are watching their screentime and restricting themselves from being on social media sites for a long time. They are watching school time, family time, productive and unproductive time. They are also closely capturing personal development time and included the moral class time as personal development time. The parents are now very happy to send their children to these classes as they see a difference in their children. We are so happy for making the difference in the lives of about 50 children and hopefully, many more will join. The teachers are voluntarily teaching these classes.

10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I have been really hard on myself and always have this guilt that I failed to be a better parent or a employer . Recently I was going through some bank accounts and I realized one thing irrespective of how many problems I had, I continued to do what I did . I’m glad about that decision . This resonates so much with this quote “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
    Credit Martin Luther king

Gauri03, Thyagarajan, Mehana and 2 others like this.