Mistakes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Feb 22, 2020.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

That's actually a very common problem that most of us faced. Thanks for sharing this. :thumbup:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Yes you are right. I should not be so quick in judging the response. Thanks for mentioning that. :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. That's really true in every case. I too learning to take a pause while giving reply as sometimes it happens that I say some wrong statement and get poor reaction and then not able to change that. :facepalm::biggrin:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: As I watch Trumps arrival, I stand astounded in reverence with this solid example coming from madam sister. And other sister @Rihanna likes it.

2. Happy that I have in virtual world two sisters remembering log & anti log. I should say teriffic.

3. But madam, while in B Sc I almost daily used log tables ( by hearted for whole numbers upto four digits) but in engineering daily I carried ARISTO MULTILOG SLIDE RULE. (IMPORTED).

4. IN THE INITIAL DAYS of using clark's table, many times in physics Lab, I forgot that step of looking at anti log for final answer. I remember how I missed my centum in maths in quarterly, because i did it in great haste, I misapplied log of products = log of sum to a function x power y plus y power x.

5. Thanks from bottom of my heart for nostalgia.

Regards.

God is in every function and in every power.

messedup and Amulet like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Please believe ME; my eyes turned moist as I read this. Letters were hazy!
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    messedup likes this.
  6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

That my dear would be a mistake :p

Let me see , where should I start -More mistakes than greys on my head
    Like my grandma would say - Onnu onnaa sollava, vokka sollava
    (Should I say one by one or should I tell the whole lot )

Once I was cycling on a path.The gentle breeze , the joy of cycling, transported my mind and I began humming. Dunno at what point I closed my eyes and continued to pedal , I opened my eyes to see the handle bar 4-6 inches from a railing on the left side , the otherside was a water canal.
    In that moment, I could have done a few things, applied the breaks and stopped , I could have put my feet down to stop , I could have just continued cycling while steering a bit to my right , I was a reasonably good cyclist. But no, my reflex was to grab on to the railing with my left hand- when I was travelling at a speed 17-20 km. Did I say I was a good cyclist?:p
    I fell & and looked around , not a soul in sight . I got up, limped and somehow cycled my way back home. That my friends is how my saga of ankle injuries started.
    Enough of my stupidity for the day :oops:

7. Thyagarajan

:hello: You remember how you forget and forgot!
    2. I typed feedback for some “weighty” post in great hurry and it was in between lending hand in cooking and at beck and call of Spouse. An hour later I was looking for alerts that red tiny number at right top but saddened to the fact that till evening not a single alert.
    3. I opened the post again after seeing the list in RECENT ACTIVITY . OMG i haven’t clicked “ POST REPLY”.
    4. This is ACME of forgetfulness I suppose.
    Thanks and Regards.

God sends Alerts to IL’ites Thru @ IL_ADMIN.

Amica, Rihana, messedup and 1 other person like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:That was nice reading. Thanks.
    2. It was some urgent MIT mighty assignment. As a day-scholar, I proceeded from my home in my ramshackle-bicycle through dense traffic in a narrow gully and reached the spot. Finished assignment. When I peddled for reverse ride home, I realised why the ride was hard. Then noticed, I rode on rim though tube inflation readily available on road for an Anna (1/16 of a ₹) !
    Regards.
    God is Air or and oxygen we breathe.

Amica and messedup like this.
  9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

:)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

When my father bought us the cycle on the very first day while riding one small kid came in front of me. I took left to cross him he also turned left then I took right he also turned right then in that left right when I tried to cross him he came just in front and to save him I fell down. :D

SunPa, Amica and Thyagarajan like this.