1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vent About Husbands Reaction

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kurinje, Feb 23, 2020.

1. kurinje

kurinje New IL'ite

This is just a vent.

Today being weekend all of us were sitting and watching TV. I sat down instead of sofa and was giving tummy time to my 6m old baby. My body is still not recovered fully after delivery and sometimes getting up from floor is a bit uncomfortable.

Baby was sleepy so I tried to getup carrying him and lost balance: I fell slightly with baby but made sure he didn’t get hurt and protected him with my arms. But what shocked my was my husbands reaction. Instead of trying to hold us or give hand, he slapped me on my back. My elder one who is 4 years started crying and said to his dad it is rude to hit my mum and she is carrying baby.
    How can my husband slap and he lacks what humanity and common sense that this little child got. I am terribly hurt and speechless for his reaction but didn’t want to point out in front of child so let it go. I took baby for feeding and bed and before I finish my husband slept off with elder one.

I didn’t have any conversation with him after that but it is bothering me so much
    As I said this is just a vent and I know my husband is not a perfect man. I compromise a lot and have very less expectations with him. Life is just going on and I am almost like not bothering about our relationship much. But just couldn’t bare this reaction.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

What he did might be a reflex reaction being protective for the baby but definitely no way it is right.

I think you should surely have a conversation with him.You don’t need to keep it in heart.He is your husband and he needs to know about it.

I appreciate your self control in not reacting in front of you 5 year old but your hubby also needs to know this.

You are a new mom and you need emotional support at this time.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Raffaello

Raffaello Silver IL'ite

Have a conversation sometime once you're OK with no prejudice on his behavior. Ask him why he did so, once you get an explanation or answer for it you won't be upset, you will be at peace else this will bother you always and don't be pilling up the emotions.. Let it go and talk to him when you think the time is right, do it soon.

Many congratulations on the baby, enjoy your motherhood journey.. All will be well

Topaz49 and anika987 like this.