The Power Of Null.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 20, 2020.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I thought this thread was supposed to be like those famous artists who hang blank canvases in big museums and you are supposed to use that as a blueprint for your own thoughts. :)

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I have seen people hanging back a couple of yards, and contemplating the reflection of the ceiling light on the top edge, or the shadow the thing cast at the bottom, on the wall. In the following art, one could easily ask: Who painted the wall the same colour ?
    [​IMG]
    If we are remodelling the kitchen, we could check out the floors. Some rooms have real wood, but others would have Pergo or some wood-composite vinyl. We learn much about how a room would look if we laid the floor-panels one way, or the other way. In Hirshhorn (Washington D.C.) Museum of modern art there was one room where the wood panels were going diagonal in a square room. It was really something: made one wonder if the art was on the wall or underfoot. I thought these presentations can easily get a company selling floor panels (or ceiling panels) sponsor the exhibit.

Laks09 and MalStrom like this.
  3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

You people got to be kidding me... yeah?

ragzz and suasin like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not sure of college @anika987 but your popularity here sure make a lot of people green with envy. I’ve gotten PMs. Why is Anika so special that even the super moderator hung out here? You are the leader of the cool gang now!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks laks :)
    But honestly I don’t see what is there to be green with envy coz there are so many IL here including you who are so articulate and matured than me.I have Marveled by the way IL’s write and put forth their ideas and many are so intelligent.

Even some who I may not feel comfortable with...always felt if they tone down the way they are blunt in expression,they can be a great asset to IL.

I just write what I feel.I am completely myself here and IL is my journal.One thing I feel I can take pride is for my threads and questions I do sense a genuine concern and people liking what I write though it is simple.That is actually enough for me and that’s all I need.

College days I want to be the cool one but being popular comes with lot of stress and responsibility.I just want to follow,learn and live life to the fullest.

IL makes me happy:)

AmulB and Laks09 like this.
  6. Laks09

I thought of it like a null pointer. An issue occurred, I don’t know what happened, how to fix it and where it happened. The code is someone else’s. I have to work on it though. And I spend an entire day on it. The NP bothers me like no other because it doesn’t say anything. It’s just completely null and that annoys me more than most. Empty vessels make more noise and saying nothing sometimes makes the already vexed programmer even more annoyed. I’m here but I won’t say anything. You figure me out!

anika987, shravs3 and MalStrom like this.
  7. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

I feel Anika's posts are genuine and she comes across as an earnest contributor. She is very gentle with her replies and doesn't question any other post's necessity to exist. She also keeps her thread going giving explanations for questions about the topic.. There are many others like her whose threads are interesting.. So, I don't understand why we can't hang out with her :)

8. Laks09

Lakhon hai nigah main ..... lekhin woh baat kahaan. You don’t know your own worth. Not many people can steer discussions on mundane everyday matters like you do.

anika987 and Rihana like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Appreciation For The Fellow Ilites

The above post by IL's master-crafter of the written word might explain it better. The first half is quantum mechanics filled and gives a background for the second half that is quoted below:

One gluon in particular appeals to me for her innovative and cute threads. If not for her threads, all the atomized ilites would have flung away but she holds them together through her intriguing pull-in. When she invites with a 'what are some of the things you might have done or do which you really don’t want' , it is no ordinary force to be reckoned with but a thoughtful and well-put gluon-y force of inquiry.

Just like the quarks contribute to only 1% of the rested mass, the blogger inertia is minuscule but the cheer-spreading gluon ilite @anika987 energizes the forums.

She has a delicacy in her reflection. And she is soft-spoken. We need more of these championing gluons.

Anika, I have only briefly engaged with you but I have noticed your winsome engagement in the forum. You deserve a mention in the fellowship thread!

Viswamitra, anika987 and Laks09 like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:grinning: An attempt to explain the phenomenon with words in an image:
    anika3.PNG