1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgetfulness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Feb 20, 2020.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Forgetfulness

It was a Monday evening. All 4 in the family were planning to head out. The house looked different. It didn’t feel like her house but she lived there. As they all got ready and came out, She started searching for her little daughter.

She thought the girl must be napping after school. She went and checked her bedroom. She wasn’t there. She tried to remember if the girl went for school. She went and checked her phone for missed calls. School didn’t call home for absent student. She looked in the kitchen sink for the lunch box. Sink was empty. She tried hard to recollect where the little girl could be.

She started getting anxious and scared at the same time. She recollected that She hadn’t seen the child since Friday. Friday the family went out to a game room and then for dinner. After that she hadn’t seen her.

But none in the family seem to worry. She started searching for the child desperately here and there. She also asked her husband and daughters to look for her child. Unable to bear her nagging father told the second daughter to give a card with a number to the mother. Her second daughter handed it to her. It was a psychologist number. She got very upset and started crying while unable to understand why her family is not taking her seriously and not helping her search the missing kid. They were all just ready to go out.

Suddenly I woke up all sweaty and realized it was all a dream. In the dream I was searching for my little daughter and the daughter is all grown up now. She was the one who handed me the number but I couldn’t remember her. I had completely forgotten a decade of my life. Was it a dream or did I foresee anything? It was really scary to see the world around me unable to understand my fear my anxiety while I was unable to understand their approach. I had always wished for forgetfulness but this was scary.

Suddenly I remembered my friends words “Though my mother has forgotten me I still love her the same or even more as I still remember her and she will always be my mother even though she’s my third child now”.

From my forgotten pages.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

j-s-k-l-s!!! What a lovely surprise! Felt nice to see your name and thread in New Posts.

Mothers, motherhood and memories associated with them can fill a thousand pages. Some memories that are often visited and we can almost see, some a little hazy, and some we intuitively have not yet fully processed.

jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,
    Nice to see your writeup after long time. Really, a very scary dream and you had must felt very happy when you realized that it was just a nightmare.:) Hope I will read more articles of you from now on.

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

5. ReachTheStars

ReachTheStars New IL'ite

Fantastic idea. And the twist was great. Kudos to you and keep writing.:clap2:

jskls likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Glad it was only a nightmare, Lakshmi. Dreams can be really weird at times!

7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

She was the one who handed me the number but I couldn’t remember her. I had completely forgotten a decade of my life.
    Satchi rightly called it a nightmare .Very often this is caused by stress -occurs in deep sleep or if you are on medication.It is nice that the dream was only a dream.
    SLN

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

You had me worried too. Glad it was a nightmare.

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi, glad to see you back. Nightmares I tell you!

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

Waking state is also a dream that our mind projects as we perceive things based on the accumulated memories in our minds. The only difference between waking and dreaming state is just the concept of time and space we perceive during the waking state. What a relief it was for you to learn that you had just experienced a dream about your daughter. Just imagine what a relief it is for all of us for the Lord to give us forgetfulness of our past actions without which we wouldn't be functioning effectively in this life. Some memories are great to remember and some are painful. Dreams are similar to someone watching a movie within a movie. It is nothing but our memories extrapolating its experience inside of us as though it is happening outside.