1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our Old Age Home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Feb 10, 2020.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Actually when someone writes about some problem, our natural response is to give comfort, suggestions, solutions etc., etc. anonymously means whether the op really wants a solution or engaging others unnecessarily...this happened to me, here, long before ..I was seriously doling out suggestions, spending precious time in finding solution, giving comfort...after sometime, posts stopped....after a gap of 2 years the same op sent a private message citing the same problem, which sounded fishy to me...I had to report to the mods. I dont want to undermine anyone's problem, including you Agatha83, but, this is the bane of a virtual society.It is my choice to participate or not.

Agatha83 likes this.
  2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @HariLakhera,

Most of us here are neither film celebrities like Deepika, Priyanka who can expose everything and get away with it. Nor we are hard core politicians, no names please! We are ordinary home makers (house wives) where a casual remark in a post can create a Mahabharata war in the house. In the virtual world you can end up a relationship with a simple emoji, but in real life it is totally different.
    We neither have a Lord Krishna to protect us nor an Arjuna to fight our wars. I have nothing to hide about my background or my way of living, because I belong to the old generation of women, for whom DH is ‘ kann kanda Deivam, kai kodukkum Deivam”. I am not on FB ,WhatsApp or Twitter. For you people it’s a totally different game, but for women like me, dealing with strangers or making friends with them is totally a different game. Now I hope you understand what’s our dilemma!

Agatha83

3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @kaluputti,

Whenever we post something here in this forum, it is only with the idea of sharing as to how we dealt with a issue or a problem, but not with an intention of seeking comfort, solutions or advice. How much ever advices pour in, it is the individual who has to take the final decision and then be bold enough to face the consequences, good or bad.
    I never give any advice to anybody n this forum because we don’t know what the actual situation is or whether the OP is presenting only one side of the problem. IL is a creative forum where you get to meet a lot of erudite members, which is enough to continue my presence here.

Agatha83

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

IS renting a house that big a hassle. Looks like landlords are the biggest champions of family planning small family, happy family type LANDLORDS AREN'T PER FRIENDLY. Heaven knows what I would have done in a rented house. i have four dogs and 11 cats. But seriously this is no country for old people.

Agatha83 likes this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear@Balajee,

Chennai being a perennially water starved city, most house owners preferred a small family, so that the consumption of water would be less. During our house hunting we found many beautiful houses lying vacant because of the dry borewells and no piped water supply.

Pets are strictly not allowed by most of the house owners, and even in apartments pets are considered a serious nuisance. We had a neighbor with a Pomeranian dog, most of the time barking, with a terrible temper, it’s owner most of the time away at work- the loud non stop barking was no music to our ears. Looks like you are a serious animal lover, and for people like you, Chennai has no place!

Agatha83

kaluputti likes this.
  6. kaluputti

"Looks like you are a serious animal lover, and for people like you, Chennai has no place" Dear Agatha83, unless of course Balajee owns an independent house with a large garden all around.

"IS renting a house that big a hassle?."
    ...yes it is, I know ,from my personal experience!

" Heaven knows what I would have done in a rented house. i have four dogs and 11 cats. But seriously this is no country for old people"
    Now if that would be the case... you would literally be on the streets..:D.haha ,

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  7. kaluputti

Of course, sharing experiences is great , also when we come across people in the same situation like ours share their own, we take cue and suggestions too, though their intentions are not to suggest..But I would never use the word 'advice' since it is precious and should be given when asked..or even begged I can say.