1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Fame Affliction

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

viswami could be under raw's radar. I WOULD BETTER WATCH OUT. IN INDI THERE IS A DRACONIAN SEDITION LAW THAT IS SLAPPED ON ANYONE WHO DISPLEASES STATE OR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT. THE LATEST IN THI LIST IS THE MOTHER OF A KID WHO ACTED IN A SCHOOL PLAY CRITICAl OF THE CONTROVERSIAL CITIZENSHIP AMENDMENT ACT.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    Congrats for being so famous.Even Thiruvalluavar has said" Thonrir pugazhodu thonruga-ahdilaar
    thonralil thonraamai nanru(Better be born with fame.Other wise there is no use of taking birth in this world')
    So long you have been popular as a humourist is IL. As name and fame spread I think, you will be invited by a Real estatewala in Delhi and he may allot you a big hi ended flat with swimming pool etc for the base price. A celebrity like Balaji having purchased a flat from them is great honour. Yourself with your family will be photographed in the well furnished bangalow of yours .All will be proud to be co owners of Balaji.Many textlie shops may have you as the ambassador and you need not buy dresses for life.As you rise in the rich ladder, the popularity attained in IL may be a jujubee and the moderators may be after you for an article.
    Ask your Amma to do' dhrishti removal'.
    Balaji, don't forget the old friends. Fame is like air bubble.Once the bubble subsides you will be back as our Balaji.

jayasala42

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

SLN the key word here is 'earned'. when i say i have done nothing to deserve being recognized by total strangers. i am not just being modest, but stating a fact. a person who has 'earned' hs fame mY FEEL FLATTERED WHE HE in such circumstance, don't yu think i am right in feeling nervous//SHE IS iRECOGNIZED BUT I HAVE DONE NOTHING T 'EARN' RECOGNITION. IN such a situation don't you think i am right in feeling nervous/

t

4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Many times I have also faced the same embarrassment of complete strangers smiling at me, while going for walks. But at close quarters I find invisible AirPods through which they are talking and smiling, not at me, but to the person at the other end. May be there are aliens from the other planet or spirits which respect human beings. Who knows!

Agatha83

satchitananda, Balajee and kkrish like this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

HARIJI, THE GIRL AT WALLMART SAID 'CUTE' a AND NOT 'HANDSOME'/ 'CUTE' CAN BE INTERPRETED IN MANY WAYS LIKE INNOCENT. CHILDLIKE OR IN A NEGATIVE SENSE EFFIMINATE. I WOULD HAVE BEEN UPSET IF SOMEONE HAD CALLED ME CUTE. HARDLY FLATTERING THAT.

6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Haha! The botto, line is she noticed me. People do very many funny things to get attention.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

all those guys who invite you kamala, probably foud your name in some directory or other. while invitations to Bharatanatyam arangetram's are understandable-- sent by concerned parents to total strangers to get a large audience forA daughter dearest, wedding invitations/ surely you don't get wedding invites from total strangers.As for restaurants, i used to receive notices from restaurants before moving out of Delhi offering rebates on my bithday and wedding anniversary, nowadaysm i dont go to restaurants but bring restaurantas home, thanks to Swiggy and ZOMATO.

kkrish likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Balajee
    Mmmm... yes, we have.
    During the early days of my married life I was astounded when walking in the streets (in India) with my husband, folks would come up to him and and say a few words. I would ask him who that was and he would say, " I don't know"

We would get invitations for weddings, and other family functions.
    The very young me would immediately check my wardrobe to decide on what pattu saree to wear for the occasions only to have the excitement killed by my husband telling me he does now know who sent the invitations.

After five or six such disappointments I asked him, "how is it so many people know you and you don't know anybody?"

Pat came his response, "Ellarkkum Mahatma Gandhi theriyum; Mahatma Gandhikku ellarayum theriyuma?" (Everyone knows Mahatma Gandhi;did Mahatma Gandhi know everyone?")
    I: :thinking:......:thumbup:

Neengalum same thaan (you are the same) Balajee. Enjoy fame-hood (if there is such a word)

Balajee and satchitananda like this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

sabitha if i appear in front of you and say i am Balaji, you most certainly will not assume that i am from Tirupati. jokes apart, you are overestimating my being well known. Even if i am known, few people know my address to send me wedding invitations. quite a few of my kin send me invites on WhatsApp. coz they don't have my address. in such a situation, don't you think I have reason to be unnerved when a total stranger sends me an invite that too with my name embossed on the cover in gold letter. May be i am paranoid and have a sort of ''big brother is watching'' feeling

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

HAHA Thruvalluvar got it all wrong. one is not born famous, bu they become famous and in my case fame has been thrust upon me., that is if i am famius at all.. even for acquiring a high end fla with a swimming pool i don't want to be famous. swimming pools are dirty believe me.My daughter an expert swimmer gave it up when she realized people urinate in the pools. i already have a flat in Delhi in a not so low end locality and a two storey house in a posh colony in NOIDA I am content with that. thank youJayasala ma'am