1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who Takes Care? Whom?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Feb 6, 2020.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Though we have taken care of our aged parents, in those days, we didn;t have agency services.
    Thank you for your kind concern.These are all difficult times, one has to face.There is no use of lamenting or cursing our fate.We have to face.
    jayasala 42

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala,

Considering your age, it’s remarkable you acted with great presence of mind, instead of getting panicky. Any other person even those who are familiar with epileptic seizures, couldn’t have dealt with the situation so very well.

While taking care of my mom, I had to deal with a whole lot of attenders, all very young. None of them coming from the agency, had any experience dealing with bedridden patients, and didn’t even know the names of medicines to be administered to the patient. Every day there was a new face and I was scared about the security of both the patient and ourselves. Most of them were not trained, and those who were trained didn’t last long. It was all a nightmare, giving me sleepless nights. Take care of yourself Jayasala, because only then can you attend to your DH’s needs. Kudos to your courage,
    confidence and fortitude.

Agatha83

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Suh people can erode the credibility of their agencies. If caregivers need care that too in front of their clients; ? This reminds me of my uber fat childhood doctor whose topic f conversation with his patients was his own high blood pressure and diabetes. Strangely despite that, he had lot of patients. Or may be because of that. The sick probably saw a kindred soul in him.

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

So sorry to hear all that u had to face. Fortunately, things worked out ok. As far as possible we always feel it is better to do things ourselves, but handling of a patient in such circumstances is definitely not easy, and have to depend on a physically stronger person to manage. My prayers and wishes for your husband to be back on his feet comfortably , soon. Take care.

5. jayasala42

Thank you Agatha.Some people do not even know simple things such as how to make a patient move backwards or sideways without affecting the fractured hip.Having attended to so many patients i have become 50% nurse already.
    jayasala42

6. jayasala42

Thank you Joylokhi. Mental strength alone does not help.The possibility of the both the patient and care giver falling down ,cannot be ruled out.
    It is a long process extending over long duration. Somehow we have to manage.
    jayasala42

joylokhi likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I was shocked to hear what you had to go through as you are already going through to put your husband in the path of recovery. The attendant's statement that he gets it every month is a clear indication that the agency didn't screen him for his health. I am glad you prevented a major fall of your husband and at the same time helped the attendant to recover quickly.

It is your presence of mind that saved both your husband and the attendant. My prayers are with you for your husband's speedy recovery.

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear JS Madam,
    You have shown great presence of mind and tackled the situation.
    We also faced many bad situations when had a caretaker for my father. Agencies play many frauds.
    I wish your husband speedy recovery. You too take care of yourself.
    Regards
    Syamala

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry to hear about this, Ma’am. I am glad your husband is okay. If you are in Chennai I can get the name of the agency my relatives use for their parents.

10. jayasala42

Thank you Viswa.Certain things just happen.What to do?
    jayasala42