1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

torture by husband on h4 visa

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pinky18, Jun 1, 2015.

1. pinky18

pinky18 Senior IL'ite

She is going preschool from last 15 days..

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

What does he do when she is at school ?

3. pinky18

pinky18 Senior IL'ite

Sleep, eat ,and watch TV.: she goes for 5 hours everyday mon to friday.

4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

thank you sharing in detail .

no this is not acceptable at all. Your Husband , is a lazy no good person. I was thinking ,he is taking care of kid alone.

videos games, no house help. and no job, not acceptable at all

in US terms , he looks like you are his sugar mom . sorry for this pun.

I really sympathize with your situation, if you continue this , it will lead to depression. Please plan and take corrective measures.

Even my H is better, i had to leave to india for 3 weeks. he took care of both the kids , lunch was packed every day. not even single day he ordered outside home work done. he works as a consultant like your H. he sits late night upgrading his skills

house might not super clean , but not horrible for me to fight.

pinky18 and Sunshine04 like this.
  5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

he is lazy man. disgusting.

i have a gujrati cook , she does not even know how to speak in english. she comes to 3 houses for cooking.

then at night between 10-3 am she works for amazon warehouse, it is dumb job but she works for home, we appreciate her a lot. Amazon pays for her medical insurance.

h4 ead, your H can do so many things. my H feels bad he does not have EAD

he can drive UBER
    Fedex is paying 15$ per hr
    walmart, amazon warehouse

do you need any more examples

sandhya2020 and pinky18 like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Is the Amazon job work from home??

7. pinky18

pinky18 Senior IL'ite

Who can understand IMPORTANCE of work permit other than me, I came on student visa, worked as baby sitter, cook all I can to pay my tuition and other expenses. I waited and worked so hard to get my doctorate ,you know I do remember when I had wasted 5 days without work on my EAD was killing me , that I must use my work permit. It took me too long and hard work to reach where I am today. I make 115k annually and he knows that from my W2...
    I am so much passionate about my job and career, but seeing him SITTING IN HOME AND not giving efforts to find ANY job hurt me EACH second on my own choice.

I wish I do have EAD, so could catch up with career more.. I am tired you PUSHING him.. o

Sunshine04 likes this.
  8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

no it is not. sorry i mean working for home. she has to label the packages. they have different shifts. full shift pays medical for whole family.

Rihana and Sunshine04 like this.
  9. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

Don't know what is going on in his mind- do u think he should attend therapy.He seems either to be having something like depression or is he selfish person who just wants to enjoy on spouse's hard work.You need to ask about his long term plans . I don''t think even he would be happy sitting at home, because our society is cruel to men who do that. But i also feel nothing wrong with being a house-husband if he is passionate about it which he does not seem to be so much, you need to delegate tasks to him and put your foot down.

Also get him checked for vitamin deficiencies , health issues etc - may explain why he may be tired all the time. Next time MIL comes, ask her to train him properly in house-work because that's what he intends to do. It's sad your MIL is just watching this. Everytime she puts pressure on you for male child, you change the topic and ask her to train him first .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  10. pinky18

pinky18 Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much for your response. My MIL is so selfish, so cares only for her needs met. More he listens no one.