1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thriller: The Ultimate Choice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Chapter 1
    When Archana opened her eyes, she could not see anything. "Have I become blind?" Archana asked herself, and became very worried. When she tried to look around her, she felt a sharp pain in her head. It appeared to her that her head was in the process of being decapitated.

"Oh my God, my head! What happened to my head?" Archana tried to touch her head with her right hand. But, she could not, as she found her right hand handcuffed with her left hand. Fortunately, her hands were not placed to her back side.

When her eyes got accustomed to the darkness, she could understand that she had been lying on a bare cement floor. The coldness of the floor was piercing her body like hundred of sharp spears. When she tried to sit up, she understood that her legs were also tied to each other with a 0.5" thick steel welded chain. She tried hard to tear off the chain. Archana, being an arts students, for the first time understood that the tensile strength of steel is 2160 MPa, where as that of human hair is 140 MPa.

Archana was dumbfounded! She was absolutely clueless what happened to her. She tried hard to remember what happened last, and she remembered.

"Sweetie are you sure you wanna do this?"

" Yes, yes, yes!" Archana didn't hesitate even for a second to come up with affirmation. She knew how much she was bored with her life.

"But, what about your husband Honey? How will he react?"

"Oh that monkey-brained, bulldog-faced penny-pincher? He should be very happy that he won't have to spend money on me any more!" These words came off like the whistle of a pressure cooker!

"Ha Ha! I wanted to ask how would he react? Will he lodge a missing diary in the police station? In that case, how do we react?" Siddharth asked sheepishly.

"He is such a money-minded guy that he hardly notices my presence in the house. I have become nothing more than a maid-cum-cook for him. When he will miss my tasty food, maybe he will take notice of me. But, don't worry! I have planned it. I shall tell him that I will go to my aunt's house at Illinois for a couple of days. He knows that my aunt has been suffering from cancer for quite some time. He will not suspect if I go there for a couple of days, as I had gone there on several occasions alone.

Actually, you know, he will be happy that he won't have to spend money on me for 2 days. In the meantime, we will be able to flee to India, where we will settle. You know that, Sid! I told you on numerous occasions." Archana was a tad disappointed at Siddharth.

"Yes Honey, I do remember what we will do in India. You will transfer your entire balance of 2 crore Rupees from your joint account to my account before leaving. I will transfer the money to my account in SBI in India. Then we shall buy a house in a small city where I will start a business, and we shall live happily." Siddarth could see a glint in Archana's portruding eyes, and a wide smile on her luscious lips.

"And what about your children Omkar and Vaishali?"

"They are grown up now. They know how I have been suffering at the hands of their father. You don't have to worry about them. They won't be unhappy. I assure you!"

"Hmm! Then Saturday 6 PM! We take the flight."

"Done!" Archana did a high five with Siddharth.
    To be continued

2. Tamrakshar

Hello folks! I have started a psycho-thriller, which will require a lot of nerves to read in the later stages. The story will be published on Saturday and Sunday nights in parts. At the moment, two-third of the story has been completed. I hope you will enjoy the story.

Riverstream and Mistt like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar Good to see a story that too a psycho thriller from you after almost one year:beer-toast1:. Mystery/thriller is my favorite genre and I definitely enjoy to reading your Ultimate Choice.
    First chapter was good with introduction of lead characters. Eager to read what happened to Archana and who tied her like that.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  4. Tamrakshar

Thanks Mistt for your comment! Always feel free to give your opinion.

Mistt likes this.
  5. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

6. Tamrakshar

Thanks @Riverstream for your comment! Feel free to express your opinion.

7. Tamrakshar

Episode 2
    "Dear, please don't say me to skip tomorrow's party at Sridevi's house. You know, Sri's daughter Anushka will turn 5 tomorrow, and they will celebrate the event with a grand party." Archana snuggled towards Rajan, and placed her hand on Rajan's chest. She knew Rajan loved this gesture.

"How many times I have to tell you that I am going through a troubled time in the office?" Telling this in an angry tone, Rajan turned to the opposite side.

Archana was not an extrovert girl by nature. Actually, she had to practice a few times to come up with that spoony move, and that was the best shot she could offer. Sridevi was none other than Archana's own sister. Like Rajan, Sridevi's husband Shiva worked in a software farm, a different one though. A few months back, Archana remembered, they had presented an expensive anarkali churidar in Vaishali's birthday. This was not only a mere matter of reciprocating, but also a matter of self-respect for her.

Revolting was not in her nature, all she could do was to shed tears in silence.

"You are working in my farm for the last 15 years, and I must say that I have never seen a more dedicated employee than you. You have not taken a single day of leave in these years, and you have never come late for even single day!"

"Is that all he wanted to say for this urgent meeting?" Rajan didn't know how to react to this profuse praise showered by his otherwise taciturn and a taskmaster boss.

"You must be wondering why I am saying all this to you! Well, you must have heard of Artificial Intelligence, robotics, automation etc! Do you know how hard it is to maintain a healthy growth rate in this dog-eat-dog competitive business environment? The bonehead owners don't know anything other than making dollars! The moment you fall short of your target, you become a villain in their eyes."

Now, Rajan got a chilling sense in his spine. He had seen a lot of layoffs in the recent years. He had seen his bosom friends gone for good. He had seen the dedicated workers go, he had seen the casual workers go. He had always hoped that this would not happen to him. But, why these frigging words?

"Well Rajan, I have been ordered to cut off my work force by 30% in the next 2 years. This will be done in phases, of course. Please, don't blame me, as my hands are tied. You are working in a field which can be replaced by automation. You know that. But, you being one of the best employees of my farm, I give you 6 months of time before I lay you off. Please try to find a new job in this time."

Rajan's world had turned up side down since he heard those chilling words. He had tried his best to find an alternative job in the same field. He found that only one company was interested, but they offered only half the remuneration that Rajan had been getting. That was too insulting for a senior guy like him. So, Rajan had begun to prepare for cooling his heels for some time.

In the meantime, he had to drastically cut the expenses which he thought were extravagant. Rajan and his wife Archana were accustomed to at least 5 parties in a month, 3 to 4 eating outs in posh restaurants, cinemas in multiplexes, frequenting shopping malls for the latest trendy dresses, and the list was endless. But now the only thought that murmured in Rajan's head was, "I have to save as much as money possible in these months." Rajan didn't share this shocking news with his wife, as he thought it would create unnecessary panic in her.

To be continued

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Seems Archana misunderstood her husband when he hide layoff part and he had started to cut spending money on not necessary things. @Tamrakshar Story is going good :thumbsup:and I will wait for Saturday for next update.:grinning:

Tamrakshar likes this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Yes Mistt, there seemed to be a big communication gap between the couple, leading to lot of misunderstandings.

Mistt likes this.
  10. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

Interesting. I have one suggestion for you. Make it 3 days a week.

Tamrakshar likes this.