1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It's The Life In Your Years That Count

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 20, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

It'ss not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years
    We all go through aging. When we are above sixty as long as we are healthy no problems. But when we have health problems everything seems difficult. Aging is difficult at times but we have to go through it. Even though ourphysical appearance changes our spirit does not. If our heart is young then we don’t become old. When old we must be always active then we don’t feel old. In old age also we can learn so many things. The greatestthing in life is to keep our mind young.

After Sixty I never felt that I am growing old. But of late because of my health problems I feel I am getting old. But still I try to be active so that I don’t become lazy. I still have the desire to go out , dress nicely and be fit for anything

. Yet, getting old is a natural process where things are slowing down, and you'll begin to see that the sparkle in your heart and the twinkle in your eyes make you beautiful in a way that's not achievable in youth.
    the complete life, the perfect pattern, includes old age as well as youth and maturity. The beauty of the morning and the radiance of noon are good, but it would be a very silly person who drew the curtains and turned on the light in order to shut out the tranquillity of the evening. Old age has its pleasures, which, though different, are not less than the pleasures of youth.
    W. SOMERSET MAUGHAM,

“Age is something that doesn’t matter –
    unless you’re a bottle of wine.”

You are only as old as you think you are.
    If you embrace new opportunities, seek new learning and
    stay motivated and lively at heart,
    you can still do anything.
    In fact, given the wisdom and experience
    you have amassed over the years,
    you can probably do more today than
    you have ever been able to do before!

Stay in touch with the world and
    no matter what your age,
    the world will stay in touch with you!

~ Jane Powell

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

https://www.amazon.in/s?k=vegetable+protein+powder&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
    Just checked to see the prices of vegetable based protein powders on amazon. The loss of muscle mass increases the feeling of being old. Supplements like this help preserve muscle mass and adds much zest to your days. This is especially true for people who are on vegetarian or vegan (vegetarian + no dairy) diets.

HydroxyMethylButyrate supplements add to the effect of the protein powders in the body's effort to convert the protein into muscle. Link

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and joylokhi like this.
  3. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Sorry to bother you Vijima, it's natural to feel down when your mind wants to do something, but body is not cooperating. Keep doing whatever you can, don't listen to people who put you down. Do take rest when necessary, but keep trying to get back when you can. Listen to some motivational videos, cook something nice, try something new, something that won't need you to strain too much. As much as possible, don't think about what's putting you down. I guess you know more than me in this matter :), I can't comfort you from somewhere, but I can send you virtual hugs. Not to offend @Amulet , but please don't take any supplements, we didn't have a good experience with supplements.

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Age is just a number.As long as you can take care of yourself it is OK.Keeping oneself physically active and mentally fit is the essence of enjoying old age.Live for the day and enjoy your freedom.
    SLN

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Not offended at all. However, here is something for all of us.... who wonder why the upper arms suddenly seem like such a jelly inside the blouse sleeve.
    Changes in muscle mass and strength after menopause. - PubMed - NCBI
    Abstract:
    Menopause is associated with a natural decline in estrogen, that increases visceral fat mass, decreases bone mass density, muscle mass, and strength. This review will examine the role of menopause transition and associated decrease in hormonal status with regards to those changes. We will also overview the efficiency of physical exercise and nutrition on muscle subcharacteristics. Studying changes in muscle mass associated with menopause is important, because of the high number of postmenopausal women in developed countries and the related risk of physical incapacity. Among modifiable factors, low physical activity and protein intakes are the best contributors to sarcopenia and the loss of strength in postmenopausal women. On the other hand, some biological factors, namely oxidative stress, inflammation, estrogen and other hormone deficiency are predictors of these phenomena. Interestingly, some methods have the potential to attenuate the loss of muscle mass and strength such as exercise, and supplement intake.

More entertainment at this link: Is HMB an effective anabolic agent to improve outcome in older diseased populations?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: After reading the post and responses, I begin to have the feeling of old age. I conclude that the less I think or and read about old aging or aging old I become young and younger and youngish.
    2. Many look graceful and wild even though they have receding hairline and substantial gray head just because they are less bothered about the age. Young ones prefer to marry the old like Dr Vyjayantimala & Hema Malini did.

God bless my metabolism and muscle mass and bone mass too.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Perhaps those old guys who married the youngish dancers weren't big thinkers, or readers.
    We already know boys and girls age differently. However, for both genders, and for those who could afford good nutrition to feel a wee bit more sprightly even in old age, (as this is the adding of "life in your years" that iyerviji mentions), there are choices. No need to accept a treatable malady, and be resigned to whatever that may come.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks for your first feedback

9. iyerviji

Thanks for your loving message. I try to keep myself active as far as possible. Hear what others say but do what I think is best.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Thanks mama for your loving msge
    I keep myself active and enjoy life

Thyagarajan likes this.