1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Camp For Kids? Fees?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

This number seems unreal. It depends on the area and the type of camps. My kid has been going to summer camp since last 3 years. We lived in Arkansas for a while, and there the full day (from 7am- 6pm) camp fee was around 1000/month, for a fun sports camp where they took the kids out one movie, one (fancy) restaurant food per week. Having moved to Missouri, it was around $2300 (for a regular camp, just one theme all summer ) or 4000 (specialty camps all summer). If you choose 9-3 timing, it is lesser than this price, our timing were 6.30 - 6 in the evening.

There will be multiple summer camps in the area check with them all. If you sign up early enough there might be upto 20% discounts. That's what I usually do.

anika987 likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am thinking of Montessori 3 days..seem cheaper.2 days a week I can manage kid at home.weekends hubby is there for help.

Will enquire more..thanks guys

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Perfect. For the two days, you can buy summer pass to some theme parks or children's museums in the area and visit them 3-4 times each. Friday's are crowded days at these places with busloads of kids coming to the park.

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rihana.will look into it