Finest Posts - Nominations For January 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish
    Dear kk
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Agatha83 's Mission Impossible
    And thanks to you too @Tamrakshar for seconding the nomination. Whenever I read a post of Agatha, I wonder why she has named herself Agatha. It should have been Dahlia83. Wodehouse aficionados like me would have no reservation about agreeing with me there! This is yet again a post that made me grin from start to finish for two reasons. The first is the way she narrated her day at the Bank with a touch of humour. The second is my recollection of my tryst with the leading Bank of India for 25 years as its executive. Agatha has talked about the customer's tale of woe. I had been at the receiving end too many times. There was a retired ICS officer who would walk into my cabin shouting 'Women, I tell you'! That would be followed by a tale of woe of how he was put on the mat by his wife for his remark that the sambar had more salt than it deserved. Another customer, a senior Police Officer, would tell me that there was no wonder that matters took longer than usual to reach my head eyeing the liberal proportions of my torso. The worst part was that he would expect me to laugh and pay kudos to his sense of humour!
    Life is fun if you develop a knack of looking at it that way!
    Sri

kkrish, Agatha83 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @blackbeauty84 's story Made For Each Other
    blackbeauty is a skillful weaver of tales and this one is yet another proof for it. I am a fan of O.Henry who is known for the last line twist like his The Gift of the Magi. When I saw the title Made for each other, I could recall that story.
    I loved the end that was Agmark blackbeauty!
    Sri

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @anika987 's Why Should We Act Our Age?
    It was like reading Dr.Chopra's Ageless Body, Timeless Mind. I liked anika's take here:
    I have myself been criticised for things I was passionate about. People expect me to have a book-marked Ramayan in my hand all the time. They get shocked when they see me with a Wodehouse in my hand or the kind of TV shows that I watch!
    Thought-provoking!
    Sri

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and anika987 like this.
  4. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

5. Cheeniya

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for your appreciation. Aunt Dahlia is a lively character part of the Jeeves series, and sure without Jeeves and Bertie Wooster, PGW’s writings would be devoid of any humor. I am also a passionate fan of Agatha Christie’s writings, and her fist book ‘Mysterious Affairs at Styles’ - I have read it umpteen times. I love her style of writing, the way she explores human character, human psychology along with her murder mystery. So there you got it the mystery behind -Agatha83!

I thought only in Pattimandrams women are used for humour purposes, but now I realize that even the top person who holds a reputable post in Public service can make fun of their wives. And Body shaming- a shame on the part of that eminent fellow who made that remark. Your diplomacy saved your job and you still stand tall even in IL because of your sterling qualities.

Regards,

Agatha83

Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Cheeniya

I am a passionate fan of her Hercule Poirot:blush:

Thyagarajan and shyamala1234 like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya, sorry for the late and hence making you read more nominations a day before the month end. I have a million excuses but why waste more time!

My first nomination for the month is this suggestion for smoother Mars-Venus conversations by @SunPa: How To Stop Telling Him Everything!

I meant to nominate it in December itself but the holidays and maybe some not very smooth conversations at home got in the way. : )

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Cheeniya and SunPa like this.
  9. Rihana

My second nomination is the The Power Of Fitness... thread-starter post by @anika987

We all know anika's threads run to pages easily, but this one is a different one than her other threads. I distinctly remember that the day I read it, I was inspired to add a mile to my exercise routine and felt great for the entire day after that. The 20+ thanks under it speak for how all felt a connection to the thread.

Thyagarajan, anika987 and SGBV like this.
  10. Rihana

My third nomination is this extremely inspiring update post from @Sweety2016: From Being An Agonised Soul To A Topper At Iit!!

It was the first post I read on new year day and it set the tone for the day, month and year. The unvarnished statement of the achievement and succinct summary of the struggle and the message for souls struggling in any aspect of life make this one of the best posts ever in IL for me. There's nothing like a positive update from a member.

Thyagarajan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.