1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Slicing, Dicing, Chopping - Best Tool?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Bubbles, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

2. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

I have a cuisinart. I almost never use it because the feed tube is such a colossal pain. Also cleaning, even more of a pain.

I use a Bohrner V-Slicer - sort of a poor man's mandolin. It doesn't exactly DICE onions, but if I use one of the julienne blades it cuts them more than small enough for my purposes. It takes me longer to peel onions than it takes to slice or "julienne" them. Just don't get any of the all-plastic inserts, they don't work. Get the ones where the actual cutting part is metal. There is a learning curve with it but once you get it, you GET it. Just gently waft the holder with the veggie back and forth, don't press down or it sticks. AND ALWAYS USE THE HOLDER. And keep away from the kiddies. SUPER sharp. Mine is about 10 years old now and still super sharp.

A salad shooter - which I also have - is also handy and used far far FAR more often than my Cuisinart. I don't even know where the Cuisinart is, in fact. The feed tube on the salad shooter is way easier to deal with than that narrow thing on the Cuisinart.