1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers - Let's Try To Be Stress Free

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by SGBV, Jan 7, 2020.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Stress is the highest silent killer of women. Starting from acidity to BP, heart attacks and kidney failures mothers like us are victimized from stress now a days.

As my new year resolution, I am planning to lead a happy and healthy life free from all kinds of stress.
    I can't control my enviroment or the things that happens with my life. But I can control the way how I chose to face them.

I call all my fellow mothers to join hands with me, to lead a healthy/happy life!

Here we go:-

1. You can not finish all the house chores in one day. Those who did are restless, sick and some are buried already. Your house is not a star hotel, and your guests are not suppose to mark how much presentable your home is. Just relax.

2. Please create time to rest, it is not a sin to sit down , put up your legs on the table and pick popcorn while watching TV. Your MIL, that relative, this neighbor, and all the Xs, Ys and Zs can go to hell if they can't watch you taking rest.

3. Please sleep if you think that headache will go. Those who refuse to take vacation, or leave, or time out or rest time, their families are missing them because they have gone untimely to their maker.
    20 mins of nap can fuel your energy for a full day.

4. Stop taking sedatives to sleep, you are destroying your brain and organs. At a point you will begin to forget things. Relax the brain , worry less, think less, laugh more , smile more. Everything will pass with time.
    It is not just you, but everyone has their share of problems. Perhaps different problems!

5. Sometimes go and sit outside quietly on your own, do nothing say nothing , just admire Gods handiwork, breath in fresh air calmly. Hurry not.
    It is not a crime to forget your laundry or even cooking dinner. But it is indeed a serious crime if you forget yourself and your health.

6. Stand by your mirror smile to yourself, laugh , dance sing, that turns on positive aura around you so you can glow. And yes - you can glow even after your 40s or 50s. Life is to live. Not to perish.

7. Go buy yourself a snack or two or drink wine if you choose to do so. Just do something for yourself even if hubby doesn't do that for you. So you off load the things in your head and start afresh the next day.

8. Get necessary home gadgets and domestic services to ease your work in order to avoid stress. I repeat, stress is the highest silent killer of women. It doesn't matter if you chose to eat out or order take away food once in a while when you don't feel like working at home.

9. If you are not feeling well say it , do something about it, go to health centre, hospital or call a nearby nurse, do not sit around waiting for hubby to buy drugs. He may come back late , your life matters. If you don't help yourself, who else will?

10. Check your blood pressure and sugar level occasionally, whether you are sick or not. It has saved a lot of women in the past.
    Also pay attention to the little little signals your body shows. A small lump in the breast, hormonal imbalance, period problems, weight gain/loss, significant hair fall and all could be the symptoms of some underlying serious problems. You need to live to make others live happy and healthy in your home.

Let us all join together to take care of ourselves in this new year!!!

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good compilation, SGBV. I'd like to add a few ideas:

- Let motherhood complete you, don't let it define you.
    - Remember that parents tend to take credit and blame for the child's accomplishments and problems more than they should. Remind yourself to be gentle with yourself as you examine your parenting.
    - Don't fight with husband about every single small thing related to the kids. If you can ignore it, ignore it.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot @Rihana

The above should stay in my mind forever. Because I try to be a perfectionist in parenting; hence I have a lot of conflict with my H which I should have ignored. Learning to be normal, and enjoy the times with family.

Rihana likes this.
  4. ikigaiaspirant

ikigaiaspirant New IL'ite

Thanks for the reminder, Rihana! Several times I let motherhood define me so much so that well meaning friends remind me about the inevitable empty nest syndrome that will hit me in the future. :(

5. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Wow.. Received this in whatsapp 10 days back...

Glad to read it here again with lil more fizz . Especially point 2. "can go to hell if they cant watch you taking rest"