1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone Is Special In Their Own Way

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

One of the best ways to build your confidence is by being your own unique self. You won't have the need to feel special, when you have inner-resilience and confidence from self-love, nobody can take away your strength.

unique is (not comparable) being the only one of its kind (that is YOU); unequaled, unparalleled or unmatched while special is defined… better, greater or different from what is usual or (someone ELSE).

The perspective of special is outward looking, comparative while unique is inward.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Roar, Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji ma,

It is true that every one of us has our own strengths that make us unique. Different people we meet satisfy different needs of us and for which we should be thankful. By uplifting each and everyone we can create a compassionate society. I loved reading your way of thinking and the replies that followed.
    Vani

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and Bihil like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks for sharing your opinion

4. iyerviji

Thanks for your feedback

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Thanks for explaining

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Glad you liked my post and thanks for sharing your opinion

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

We Never Know Why We Like Someone More Than Others...Why We Love Someone Without Any Reason...Why We Feel Happy Thinking About Their Presence...Because...Some Feelings Has No Explanation or Definition..
    :hello:sorry to but in again.
    2. I re-read your post and the highlighted part of the post in itself could be expanding if reader attempts relating to his past experience.
    3. The standard quote of yours at foot of the post quite befits the central theme.
    4. Dr kuruvilla was close to my mom: and to me when between my years 3 to 5. She was behind mother when I was naturally delivered. My mom said separating from her rowing to shifting to Chennai from Mysore was instrumental(!) In my having bouts of fever.
    5. Several class & school mates during my academics were close to me that caused parents to get intimate and the friends dad relocated and I lost those friends. Many names still green in my memory.
    6. Likewise in college and engineering studies I developed close friendship with many and a major part of them are still in touch with me. Once venkatraman studying geography and Sriraman pursuing geology were close for almost two years that we exchange visits to home and dine almost everyday. No trace of them despite my best effort. But thoughts of them lingering at the back of the mind.
    7. Out of my bosom friends all are family friends few passed away recently, yet attraction to such family friendship continues undiminished.
    8. There were some bosom friends who if I don't see atleast once in a day, I used to feel miserable.
    9. One would always find friendship with some turns durable even after several decades. I have even today have friendships that began in my school in 1954.
    Thanks and regards.
    God lends succor through our bosom friends.

iyerviji likes this.
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Difference of opinion keeps us together as it gives us opportunity to look around the world with different perspective. :)

iyerviji, Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.