1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reflection And Gratitude ...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by girvani, Dec 31, 2019.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

I was absent from this site for a quite some time. I am engulfed into my studies and motherly duties. However, when I was reflecting this year, one of the most precious moment was winning the finest post and the loved ones I have connected with in this site. I was able to feel the connection with them even though I haven’t met them in person. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very happy new year. I am going to try to be more present in this site as the knowledge I gained from you all is valuable to me. This year had been so educative for me. I tried to pen down the emotions I felt while reflecting this year as below,

INSECURITY- This year due to my research, often I felt insecure whether am I on track with my job? will I solve the problems so that I can reach the final point? When my colleagues talk about their finishing line, I got anxious when I will come reach the end point? I have accepted feeling insecure. I have looked inward to see whether am I being performing at my best? Given the circumstances, looking after two kids and run a family without any extended family support I felt that I was doing my best. It made me feel grateful.

ACCOMPLISHMENT – Since I was a child, with my parents guiding I was an all-rounder except for excelling in individual sports. This year, I took a challenge upon me and did the 66-mile cycle race and completed it successfully. Towards that Journey, I broke my left arm but that did not stop me completing my goal. I learnt what persistence and forbearance means with this process of entering a cycling race.

PROUD - I felt proud when Harry performed on a big stage along with ‘Joseph and his amazing technic colour coat’ team. This was unexpected. Fifteen years ago, same troop visited Aberdeen and Jan and I went to the show. We didn’t even imagine when this troop come next to the city, our son will be part of it. Simply grateful.

BREAKING BARRIERS: Ethan is an introvert in some respects. He doesn’t like to be on a stage or perform in front of people. This year, we enrolled him into a poetry competition. He memorised the poem and recited in front of the judges. I was so proud of him that he learned to break his barriers and come out of it.

MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING - Rapport between Jan and I developed to another level. I understand him more and he understands me more. He opened a lot in the last year and at times he accepts his flaws. I accept my flaws and we both discussed at times how to deal with that. I also understood what Love means for me and I understand what to focus. I have also felt the love and compassion from many and I am eternally grateful for that.

As I close this year, my heart is filled with gratitude and I am hoping to welcome this new year with hope. Thank you all for your blessings and teachings and I wish you all a very happy new year!

New Years Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.

‘Sarah Ben Breathnach’

kkrish, Thyagarajan, iyerviji and 6 others like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

So nice to see you back here. While I have not logged in as much as I would, I did miss you. It is wonderful to see all the growth that has happened to you and your family, though felt bad about your injury but then again felt so proud of you that you finished the race! Kudos to you girl! 66 miles is not a joke! Amazing. I am sure you enjoyed it thoroughly.

Now, my favorite part of your post - Sarah Ban Brethnach. Do you have the copy "Simple Abundance" - I followed that book for a few years reading a page a day and it made a huge difference to me. It is thanks to a good friend that I have a copy. See, thanks to you I am fondly thinking of this friend as I step into New Year!

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    girvani and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear @girvani
    It was very heartwarming to read your reflection and gratitude.

Congratulations on your achievements and that of your children too. You have every reason to be proud of your and your family's accomplishments.

May 2020 be just as rewarding and joyous as the past year!
    Best Wishes!

girvani and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@girvani
    Simply stupendous that your post cover entire gamut of emotions in family life balancing career and hearth. The gratitude had come in every word you had written here. Sad that you injured hand but you attained and breasted the string at 66 th mile. Incredible. Not by any means a small feat.

2. Icing on the cake is the quote you had picked up of Sarah ben breathnach (pronounced Bon Brannock ) Like Sarah now you know how do conclude your post to accentuate the central point at its foot. She said, “Each day offers us the gift of being a special occasion if we can simply learn that as well as giving, it is blessed to receive with grace and a grateful heart”.

3. I enjoyed thoroughly this your golden blog.
    God bless always Ethan, Harry Jan & you.
    Happy new year.

girvani likes this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My dearest @Srama
    Thank you ever so much. I did miss you. You know what? My first purchase of this year is Simple Abundance. I have started reading this today. Thank you for directing me. You make me feel happy and I am thankful. Have a very happy new year with your loved ones
    Vani

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear @kkrish mam

Thank you ever so much and your blessings means a lot. Thank you and wish you and yours a very happy new year

Vani

kkrish and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Sir, @Thyagarajan
    Thank you so much. Your blessings means a lot and I needed that. I love her quote and it resonated with me so much. Thank you Sir. With your blessings I will thrive this year.
    Vani

Thyagarajan likes this.