1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

20 Days In The Hospital

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Dec 31, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    Wish you all happy New year.
    2019 didn't end with a happy note.It was 13 th Dec.My husband fell down in the ramp in SBI building T. Nagar and sustained fracture in right shoulders and hip bone.He could not even get up.With the help of passers by, he was made to sit in an auto.I took him to our regular orthopaedic doctor.On taking X rays he said there is a multiple fracture in shoulder joint and hip bone and that it could not be cured by conventional methods such as POP ( plaster of paris bandage).On his advice, I admitted him in an orthopaedic hospital .He said the fracture could be treated with surgery only, not with standing severe risks associated in doing a surgery to a patient suffering from cerebral haemorrage and who is under anti-seizure drugs for the past 32 years.I discussed with him the negative impact of administering general anaesthesia to a person with head injuries.He agreed but categorically said that surgery was the only option with epidural. He wanted to inform my son of the risks involved in undertaking an unavoidable surgery.My son asked the doctor to take whatever steps doctor deemed fit in the interest of the patient.The first hip surgery was performed on 14th when my son was yet to arrive.Post operative complications were there BP came to the lowest 70/50 and pulse rate also was too low.I could not do anything but to watch the reading in the monitor. By God's grace the condition stabilized of its own in 8 hours.I could not explain the mental agony.
    My son and daughter arrived the next day.Surgery for the shoulder joint was done on 18th Dec. with the usual tensions.
    Now my husband is totally bed ridden requiring physiotherapy for three months even to walk with the support of walker. As there is fracture in the shoulder,he cannot hold the walker too.
    He was discharged from the hospital on 27th, with adult diapers and cathetre on.Children have gone back. I have got day care male attender to take care of his personal needs, with physiotherapy at home everyday.
    After 80 , with bone degeneration,the cure is delayed and we cannot expect any miracle to happen.It is a long process and we have to wait with patience.
    I have totally lost touch with computer world, except for contacting children.
    Only hopes and faith have to sustain us.

jayasala42

Yumna and MalStrom like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Jayasala
    My prayers are fully with you. I am sure your husband will fully recover in course of time.
    Like me, hundreds of ILites will pray for his complete normalcy.

Rihana likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 mam my prayers for your husband's speedy recovery.May God bless you with healthy life.

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear JS Madam,
    He is in our prayers and we wish him good recovery.
    Today only I came to know about my friend's father in law of 101 years with hip surgery and amazingly he is recovering.
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Jayasala ma'am,
    Sorry to hear that and I hope Sir recovers soon. My prayers are with you. I wish this new year brings happiness, health and wealth to you and Sir.

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala ammma,
    Truly sorry to hear this. You have consoled many of us. I pray swami for speed recovery and good health. The new year will bring you and uncle good health, happiness and peace

Vani

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear madam Sister @jayasala42

OMG - I am sad indeed with the incident of multiple fractures on hip and shoulder that prevents him using walker for taking baby steps. I can visualise in the absence of your son & DIL, how difficult to manage your beloved husband despite male day care nurse.

All regular followers in IL would have been concerned, like me about your name not been appearing in the recent activity list.

With rest of fellow iL’ites, I pray from this moment for your husband’s speedy recovery.

Take care of your health too. Do not skip your timely meal.

GOD BLESS.

Thyagarajan

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Akka

Sorry to know about mama's health. My prayers for his speedy recovery. May God give you strength. Let the New year give him good health.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  9. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42
    That’s sad to hear about the accident. Glad that he is now recovering and my prayers are with you and him. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I was wondering why you didn't post anything for this long. I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery of your husband and you both returning to your normal life soon.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.