Confused Abt 2nd Baby

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mysticdiva, Feb 22, 2018.

1. curie

curie Junior IL'ite

thankyou deepthi for encouraging words

2. mysticdiva

mysticdiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Curie,
    Sorry I havent logged in from a long time hence didnt see ur msg.Update from my end is that I went on and got pregnant in my 1st try itself and gave birth to a baby boy who turned 1 yr recently.Its been amazing to watch him grow but its a lot of hardwork too.My elder one manages most of her work and also helps take care of him.She loves and adores him.They were/are times when she feels a tad bit of jealousy but my hubby and me always make sure she gets hee share of attention and love.So if u plan for 2nd one,go ahead but always remember that you are starting over again and it might be hard sometimes but its only till the kid grows up.Also the 1st one needs lots of attention and care too,dont ignore the elder one.Good luck!!

curie likes this.
  3. mysticdiva

mysticdiva Silver IL'ite

Thank u all for taking time to reply and share ur experiences.Appreciate it a lot :)

4. curie

curie Junior IL'ite

hi mysticdiva,
    very glad to see ur reply on this msg.
    now a days it has become common to have situations where the elder kid is 6-7 yrs+ and parents start thinking about second kid. i read your earlier posts recently. Regarding me, i am 36+ working and has a 8yr old girl. I have hypothyroidism and trying for second kid from last 2years. I had a miscarriage in August and with that decided to loose weight (bmi of 31). i lost 5 kgs and started to plan again. I remember your words of keeping attention to the first kid always. Thanks a lot and thanks for the support.

mysticdiva likes this.
  5. sunchiajju

sunchiajju Bronze IL'ite

I had my second baby when I was 35. The age gap between my boys is 8 years. I also had a lot of apprehensions about the second pregnancy, especially considering my age. But by God's grace, everything went off well.

If it is the age gap that is worrying you, then I would say do not consider that at all. There are a lot of couples going for the second one after a long gap. After all, it is your choice and decision.

As for the age, 36 is an advanced age. But doctors would be extra careful when you fall in this age group. From day one, they will conduct all tests to ensure that both you and the baby are safe. So I would suggest you go for it. There is nothing like having a second child and I would say it is one of the BEST decision we have taken in our life.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  6. curie

curie Junior IL'ite

thanks for the support and i will keep your words in mind.

7. mysticdiva

mysticdiva Silver IL'ite

All the best my dear!! Take care!!

8. ruchi2000

ruchi2000 New IL'ite

hi all,
    reading all of ur views gave inspiration for me having 2nd baby.
    2020 I m also thinking of having 2nd baby(though its still in mind) nothing we worked on....
    but I m 38 n my daughter is 6 yrs old...so I was not sure of 2nd baby...
    deep in my thoughts I think of having …..

plz prey for me dearies!!!

Angela123 likes this.